Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at a bunch of different slip ons and cant decide which one to get. Alot of the ones I see I don't like because they seem so long, almost like they stick out more then the rear fender. Any sugguestions on what are some nice systems? Thanks.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
I have a scorpion, and it sounds great. The only others that I would have are Termi, Akra, and Arrow. In that order.

If you don't like the length of your purchased exhaust, you can cut it down. It's not that difficult. My buddy and I did it to his Z1000.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hr1 from hardrock motorsports, If you like loud, it does the job :popcorn:

costs about $420
Nah I don't want it to loud.

I have a scorpion, and it sounds great. The only others that I would have are Termi, Akra, and Arrow. In that order.

If you don't like the length of your purchased exhaust, you can cut it down. It's not that difficult. My buddy and I did it to his Z1000.
I like the Termi, but it's just long. And I'm not trying to cut a brand new pipe I just bought..

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
Nah I don't want it to loud.

I like the Termi, but it's just long. And I'm not trying to cut a brand new pipe I just bought..
I know how you feel. When my buddy cut his, he had the same feelings. But his was TWO pipes. And he was like... "dude, I'm not really feelin this. I just spent like 1100 bucks on cans, and I'm gonna HACK Em down without even putting them on my bike first?" But, we did cut them down, and he is glad that we did. They look good and sound great.

Here's a pic click on it to make it larger.

His pipes were as long as mine is (in my avi) to begin with

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
I have a micron, love the sound.
The micron factory has closed, so no more exhausts from them, but you might find a cheap one.

The suggestion of getting a cheap can and cutting it down is a good one, even damaged, as long as the damage is in the area your cutting off.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah, it's loud. Not as loud at a Riot but it is kinda loud. I had an M4 slip on that was cool too. A little less loud, but nice tone.

gary

·
Registered
332 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts