Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Under your mom's house
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just signed up to research the R6 a bit and learn what the year to year changes have been. According to Wikipeadia the 08-09 made the most power, is this true?
What years have seen the most significant updates? Thanks to anyone who has an answer, I'll be searching the forum to see what I can find as well.

Thanks,
Splorin'

·
Meh
9,231 Posts
Yup, the biggest recent change (that's significant for building a race bike) was the '08, which got the fancy electronic variable intake stuff. Makes for much better mid-range than the 06/07 bikes.

I'm pretty sure any post-2008 bike, once the ECU is flashed and emission gear removed, should make the same amount of power.

·
Under your mom's house
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant believe nothing has happened with these bikes since 08. That makes me think there will be some big improvement for next year but new from the dealer is not in the race budget.

Thanks for the insight guys.

·
pin it to win it
8,052 Posts
I cant believe nothing has happened with these bikes since 08. That makes me think there will be some big improvement for next year but new from the dealer is not in the race budget.

Thanks for the insight guys.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. It's a winning combination so why change it up? I'd love some new styling and stuff but Yamaha wins with the r6 so I don't see then changing until they are forced to by the competition

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.