Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've bought these tires 3 months ago, BRAND NEW, still wrapped and tagged. They are Dunlop Qualifier GTs (or something like that). Paid 375 for the set. They have maybe 1200 miles on them now. Not really easy miles, but not HARD or even aggresive miles either. And now they have this big ugly streak down the middle of them. There's a lil thread showing, where the little red circles at. Are these just really shitty tires or maybe defective? I mean, i haven't been Lightenin' 'em Up or anything. I don't even corner that hard lol. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Defects dude, call Dunlop or send em the pics, you'll probably get free tires out of it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a receipt as proof that i've only had them for 3 monthes though :( . And all they have to say is that i mistreated them or somethin, doubt i'll get any free tires out of it or anything. I just doubt i'll buy dunlops again, i can see this happening once if i'd own a few dunlop tires.... But not on the first pair i've ever had. Tells me somethin.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You could try requesting proof of purchase from the place of purchase. And if it is a defect they should be able to tell if the tire was poorly manufactured.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Usually wherever you purchased them from will have some info when you purchased, as long as you can validate it was you and all they should be able to get you a receipt. You can always complain enough to dunlop seeing as how it really wasn't your fault. If you look at it from a business stand point. If you buy dunlops and bought dunlops everytime for the next couple years and stopped because of this, they would lose a couple thousand dollars. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough but it's late and I have class tomorrow.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok i've found the receipt and emailed the guy about it. told him to contact me.... i really don't wanna have to go pay to get them dismounted and pay for shipping back to the company and waiting 2 weeks for the other tires to come in.... sounds terrible.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you get a new set, I highly recommend my Metzeler M3 Sportecs. I have a buddy with an F4i with some dunslops and I took his bike for a ride and absolutely hated them. I had Pilot CT's on the bike before I got this M3 and it's a night/day difference :D

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
r6-gunner, your avatar is awesome, i just called my girl over to look at it, i was like "see im not that obsessed with my bike, check this picture out." she started laughing.

great pic.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Your first mistake was buying Dumlops. Second, you over paid like a mofo. I just picked up my Pirelli Diablo Corsa III from a local shop for about the same price. GET THE PIRELLI TIRES!!!! Or even Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's. They last WAY longer, handle better, and are a better tire in general for close to the same price.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Damn, the EXACT same thing happened to my tires. They were fine for the longest time, and one day i went for a ~100 mile ride, and when I got back they looked JUST like those; I was pretty sure I had run over a rock or a piece of metal that was large enough to get stuck between the swingarm and the tire for a moment, before it was knocked out; it's weird as hell though, because it was perfectly fine before I went for that ride, and when I got home it looked just like yours. The belt was even showing a little bit.

I keep mine around 34psi rear and corner pretty aggressively, but nothing ridiculous, no burnouts or anything. I replaced that tire with another qualifier to last the length of my front qualifier, but i think i'm gonna go with a set of conti's next time.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
hmmm thats odd. i never heard of dunlop qualifier gt's before...are they sold in the US?

·
Registered
767 Posts
hmmm thats odd. i never heard of dunlop qualifier gt's before...are they sold in the US?
Qualifier GT's are car tires, so i'd say we should just ignore the GT suffix :secret

1 - 15 of 15 Posts