Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed lately that my hands have been getting numb on long rides. Not due to cold but vibration. I have an 04 R6. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
sorry dman i've put 400 miles on my 04 R6 since Saturday and have yet to get numb hands from anything other than the cold when i'm riding at night. I aint a doctor or nurse so I don't really know what else it could be maybe you're just grippin g the shit out of the throttle and clutch, I've had that happen before my hands start to hurt from me gettin all excited from goin fast and my hands get a lil numb from that.......

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
try to use you legs squeezing against the tank as support and your back as support instead of your arms. If you can ride with no hands, then do that and then put as little pressure as you can back on the handlebars

·
Registered
836 Posts
Just relax and loosen your grip on the bars. When I started riding, I used to get numb hands and found it was from having a death grip on the bars.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I agree with you guys. I was riding with the sportbikehype group down to Sonic in North Dallas. 80 riders all together, so I was a little on edge. Still think maybe some bar ends would reduce the little vibration there is. Appricate the good advice, I have not noticed it lately and have been making sure to use my legs and back more to reduce the arm strain.

·
Registered
318 Posts
the only part of my hand that gets numb is my throttle hand thumb... have no clue why, and it just started happening recently.. like the last week or so and ive had my bike for over a month now..

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I suggest than when this happens, you proceed home ASAP and jerk off like mad while its numb and then you can pretend it is whoever you want.....or so I've heard......:jerkit

Of course, you can think of it that way too. Do you grip your dick so hard jerkin off or takin a piss that your hand goes numb? Not likely (I hope) so pretend its your dick (or your buddy's dick for that matter) if it helps to ease the strangle hold on the bars.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
penfold said:
I suggest than when this happens, you proceed home ASAP and jerk off like mad while its numb and then you can pretend it is whoever you want.....or so I've heard......:jerkit

Of course, you can think of it that way too. Do you grip your dick so hard jerkin off or takin a piss that your hand goes numb? Not likely (I hope) so pretend its your dick (or your buddy's dick for that matter) if it helps to ease the strangle hold on the bars.
ya pen knows what hes talkin about here. he treats jasambs cock like a ming vase. nice and gentle :mrgreen:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used to get this problem years ago and found there are a number of factors that can influence this! Sometimes your grip maybe to tight, other times you maybe resting too much on your hands and relying on your arms to hold you up and like penfold said you may need to concetrate on using more of your lower body to support yourself instead of your upper body. This is "correct riding technique". You can also try bending your elbows down which will help blood to flow to your hand more easily!! Hope that helps!

·
Registered
72 Posts
My wrist hurt and sometimes my foot goes numb or asleep. So i will try to take you guys advice and see whats happens.

·
Registered
407 Posts
PrettyR6 said:
My wrist hurt and sometimes my foot goes numb or asleep. So i will try to take you guys advice and see whats happens.
i have the same problems you have. like they said, try and relax your hands a little more and use your back more to hold u up.

as for your right foot getting numb, i put shoe inserts in my boot to absorb some vibration, it has helped alot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know when I rode for the first time I used to support myself with my arms also. This can cut down on the circulation sometimes and if you are a smoker, it may cause your hands to go numb. I am a smoker and always have bad circulation. "trying to quit"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts