Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Me eat R6. Nom nom nom!
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys get them from? I need a set for my 03 track bike. No luck on ebay (unless I didn't search the correct terms).

Thanks.

·
Me eat R6. Nom nom nom!
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I'll check that link.

Believe it or not I have a vinyl cutter at work, I just don't have templates for it to be official for the bike. I guess I can just cut out some rectangle shapes with rounded edges and fit them on the back end, but the plates up front might be a little tricky. The software we use, you can't really make custom designs, or at least I can't (we mostly use them to cut out numbers and letters). So I figured I'd get some pre-made for now if the price is not bad, and figure out how to make them myself later down the road.

Edit: I was just thinking, maybe I can make a template from a piece of paper up against the fairing, then take that paper and cut the vinyl around it. That might actually work.

·
Me eat R6. Nom nom nom!
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Turns out I don't need them for the organization I'll be riding with :).

·
Me eat R6. Nom nom nom!
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Haha very true. I will be doing my first track day hopefully early July. But one day, I will have at least a yellow plate :D

Btw J, I'm looking to get a SM in the near future if I can scrounge up some extra cash. Mostly likely the DRZ. What are your thoughts on the bike? I like them because of they're affordable, and because WR250X's are hard to come by :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts