Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes number plates that goes on the windscreen? I was looking at drippin wet but 50 bucks for number plates seems pricey....wondering was there any other options out there. Precut wise.

·
When in doubtThrottle out
5,058 Posts
Think it cost me 30 bucks to do front and back for 3 bikes, custom cut at a local graphics shop.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
just paint the darn thing.. $5 for a can of white paint and pinstripe a black border across the top to match the upper fairing areas that are painted.

·
When in doubtThrottle out
5,058 Posts
just paint the darn thing.. $5 for a can of white paint and pinstripe a black border across the top to match the upper fairing areas that are painted.
:rolleyes: some of us aren't cool enough/don't want white plates :laugh

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
I'm not a white plate yet!!! lol. Forever amatuer haha.
ah.. yeller paint it is then :)

:rolleyes: some of us aren't cool enough/don't want white plates :laugh
if you saw some of the shenanigans going on in the MW am races this past weekend at Homestead-Miami speedway, you wouldn't walk to the official garage to bump yourself to expert.. you would RUN .. LOL

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah.. yeller paint it is then :)

if you saw some of the shenanigans going on in the MW am races this past weekend at Homestead-Miami speedway, you wouldn't walk to the official garage to bump yourself to expert.. you would RUN .. LOL
lol our asm class this year had a red flag in all but two races all season long. Two racers that can't race no more, two life flights and a handful of transport to the hospital.....I'm going back to asm after racing a 250 all year lol.

·
Registered
239 Posts
lol our asm class this year had a red flag in all but two races all season long. Two racers that can't race no more, two life flights and a handful of transport to the hospital.....I'm going back to asm after racing a 250 all year lol.
Good lord. No thanks.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Cause of injuries, or getting banned from CVMA cause they did something dumb?

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Too bad my trackside vendor is only local..... they'll do all numbers (1 front, 2 tail) for $20

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
i can see using vinyl backgrounds for your stock bodywork (maybe) , and if you are using the same bike with different riders needing the same bike..to switch back and forth.. but painted backgrounds are the way to go with race bodywork i would think. Perhaps the vinyl gets ya by on the weekends before you paint the bodywork? I mean if your painter is gonna do the bw, he can easily do the yellow or white background when he shoots. :) will always look nicer than wavy bubbly vinyl . Totally agree that the vinyl gets ya by in a pinch though.

OR just go to your trackside vendor and get a roll of racer tape in the color ya need. Will cost like $7 and you will have a bunch of ducttape left over. (racer tape isn't as nasty sticky as actual AC duct tape). There is nothing that can't be fixed with zip ties and duct tape! :) Racertape backgrounds would be a step lower in the "bling" department from vinyl, just throwing out options..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts