Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The track is crack.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy and I bought a groupon for 2 days at NYST, but recently we have seen some concerning news about legal judgements against the track.
First there was this:
http://www.registerstar.com/the_mountain_eagle/news/article_f82a0ac4-89cc-11e3-acf6-001a4bcf887a.html
Then there was this:
http://m.thedailystar.com/thedailystar/db_291684/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=KQylPTj8&full=true#display

I called the track to confirm that we would be allowed to ride our R6 because the articles state that only 250cc will be allowed. The guy I spoke to would only say "you're good to go." I asked him to specifically say whether we could use our own 600cc motorcycles, and he repeated "you're good to go." I was more confused after that call than before.

Does anyone know the exact deal? Anyone been up there yet?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
The real issue there is the lack of run off. I know Roy from absolute pulled out of there out of safety concerns. He runs the safest track days and I don't ride often with anyone else.

People have fun there for sure but there are tree lines too close and a lack of safety barriers etc.

Just run at NJMP or pocono (repaved)

My .02

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know one of the nyst coaches and he has been there with his zx10r so for now looks like you are good to go.
They are placing stickers on ALL bikes with "250 modified" so they will appear to be 250's to the locals that have the complaints. A lot of interesting things going on there and not sure if I would feel confident enough to spend my gas and time to go there and have issues.

It's only a matter of time IMO when you are intentionally misleading the town and members that they will shut it down.

·
The track is crack.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are placing stickers on ALL bikes with "250 modified" so they will appear to be 250's to the locals that have the complaints. A lot of interesting things going on there and not sure if I would feel confident enough to spend my gas and time to go there and have issues.

It's only a matter of time IMO when you are intentionally misleading the town and members that they will shut it down.
Ugh. I am booked for labor day weekend already. I can't get a refund unless something changes (like another court judgement). A lot can happen between now and then though. It was too good a deal to pass up though. $250 for 2 track days! Plus it was last year before any of this happened. Thanks for the info.

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
article said:
Zamelis voiced disappointment with the solicitations, saying: “That just shows that the track is doing business as usual and paying no respect to Judge Burns’ order.”
I think when the guy told you "good to go", he meant 'we are just going to do whatever the **** we want'.

·
Registered
92 Posts
they ran the last two week ends with no problems but still working on the courts to open it up to more bike.Go to their facebook page and talk to some of the guys that ran there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That totally sucks dude! There is a track in my area that built an amazing kart track, but for some dumba** reason king county won't let it be open to shifter karts because they are 2 stroke. Even though the track was originally built for shifter karts! Boggles my mind. They cite noise and emissions as reasons, but yet they allow NHRA top fuel dragsters on the dragstrip every summer which are the loudest f'ing race vehicles on the planet!

Doesn't make sense. People that live in those areas know they live next to a racetrack. What do they expect??

It bugs me a lot because road racing in our country is dying, and all we have on tv anymore is Nascar...

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
That totally sucks dude! There is a track in my area that built an amazing kart track, but for some dumba** reason king county won't let it be open to shifter karts because they are 2 stroke. Even though the track was originally built for shifter karts! Boggles my mind. They cite noise and emissions as reasons, but yet they allow NHRA top fuel dragsters on the dragstrip every summer which are the loudest f'ing race vehicles on the planet!

Doesn't make sense. People that live in those areas know they live next to a racetrack. What do they expect??

It bugs me a lot because road racing in our country is dying, and all we have on tv anymore is Nascar...
road racing and track days for motorcycles is definitely a dying sport right now. AMA with only 5 rounds, is that a joke? Also over the last 2-3 years i have noticed large price increases for track time, with less track days and organizations to choose dates from. Events with my club use to sell out weeks in advance, now you can walk on to most events with no worries.

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
They cite noise and emissions as reasons, but yet they allow NHRA top fuel dragsters on the dragstrip every summer which are the loudest f'ing race vehicles on the planet!

Doesn't make sense. People that live in those areas know they live next to a racetrack. What do they expect?? ...
$$$

It's all about the money. Politics driven by money.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
We headed to NYST Aug 23-24 for the weekend. Not as safe as NJMP but safer than the street. lol

Fun as hell!
Why wasn't I given heads up!?

What did you think of the run off concerns everyone has?

:YEA
It sucks dick!:lmao

The right people weren't paid off. You want something done in your favor become a lobbyist.

road racing and track days for motorcycles is definitely a dying sport right now. AMA with only 5 rounds, is that a joke? Also over the last 2-3 years i have noticed large price increases for track time, with less track days and organizations to choose dates from. Events with my club use to sell out weeks in advance, now you can walk on to most events with no worries.
^This, AMA is a joke now, watching the races look amateurish. It's ****ing sad. I've never watched NASCAR, but I'm sure if I wanted to, it wouldn't be shot as poorly or be as much as a hassle to find.

That's Old news Nesba is N2 now.

$$$

It's all about the money. Politics driven by money.
^This/Thread.

To answer OP's question, Do you track day and enjoy it IDK if NYST will be open next year. IDK who is complaining out there honest to god its desolate land. I don't think it's the Farmers in the area, because last I recall they were also being stopped from using loud machines for their crops.

SO who the hell does that leave to complain?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts