Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a flat tire and I need help finding an OEM rear rim for an 08 r6 raven. Does anyone know where i can find one? (obviously at a good price)

·
R6 Pilot
783 Posts
ur replacing the whole rim b/c u had a flat?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah...i got a flat on the highway n the air leaked out so slowly i didnt feel it til the it was pretty much flat

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
You could also get the rim repaired. www.willsrimrepair.com does good work and doesn't charge anywhere near as much as a new rim will cost you.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I rode like six miles on a full flat and hit a few speed bumps how come you need a rim?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I tell you what, if you have a 08 gold set I would do a strait up trade for my 07 black rims and I will take care of fixing that rim myself. I've been on the hunt for some 08 gold coated for my candy red 07.

PM me if your interested.

As for getting a new rim you should do the usual ebay, criegslist, sell.com hunt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i rode probably about 20 miles on the highway before i even noticed anything, theres the fat dents on opposite sides of the rim. ive had a rim repaired before n this one isnt looking too good. the lip is pretty much into rim.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the help guys!!!! I finally got a new one, n i got the old one back n got it fixed. Perfect condition!!!! it had one little dent on the rim n the place fixed it for $50. The dealer just didnt wanna repair the old one n sold me a new one. So i got an 08 gold rim for the r6 raven if anyone wants to buy it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts