Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, tomorrow a bunch of us are going to AMP for the Superbike weekend. It should be cool. It's my first time going. It's only and hour and a half or so away from here but i've never been there before.
Here's the website for the track. Not exactly a top notch website but what can ya do? :-\
Anyways, we're leaving in the morning and staying over night and coming back Sunday night. I'm takin the camera so I should have pics Monday. :)
Have a good weekend!

Alden

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay. I made it back. THEY RULED!!!!!! It was my first time to see bike races. If you go bring sunscreen. I got a HUGE sunburn on my face but it was worth it.

Here's a couple pics from the weekend. I didn't take as many as I would have liked. Luckily the friends I went with took all kinds. They're heading up to Quebec tomorrow to catch the bikes at their next stop at Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant. I wish I was going but i'm not quite ready for that kinda trip on my bike. I'll definitely be going next year though. hehe

It was a good weekend for Yamaha. Pascal Picotte won not only the 600 Supersport race(which was a runaway) but also the Superbike race. The Superbike race was back and forth between Pascal and Steve. Finally Picotte put some distance between them and said "LATER!!". Winning by a whole half second. lol And brake burns and wheelies were enjoyed by all. He now leads Steve Crevier by 7 points in the Superbike standings and Frank Trombino by a whopping 78 points in the Supersport standings.
After Sat practice we went up to the pits and met Pascal and got autographs. We chatting about his off-track excursion a little earlier that afternoon just as a little rain began to fall. We also met and chatted for a while with Crevier. He was hilarious, laughing and joking.
It was a wicked weekend. I can't wait till next to go again.

Alden

1 - 3 of 3 Posts