Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right on. Finally got my money, and all that good stuff organized, so im heading in in a couple hours to get the paperwork finalized on my 6! God im excited, tonight ill get to pick it up. I feel like a giddy little school girl haha. SWEET! Ok, well i gotta go ot the bank and stuff, so im out!
Later boyz
Cax :hump

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picking up the bike in T - 2 hours. I picked up some soft handlebar straps for it, and got a nice ramp all made up, i cannnnnt wait!
Will post later when its safe in my garage
Cax :hump :hump :hump :hump

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mwahahaha, now i know what all the talk is about!
I got the bike off the truck, and into the garage. Looked, drooled, loved, touched...Then grabbed the jacket and helmet, and decided to take it out down the block and back. Its cold as hell outside too, like 1 above freezing maybe. I rode down the street at low rpm, just getting the feel for the brakes and what not, felt nice. swirved down the road for a bit, liking the way things are feeling under me. So i turn up the next street, and was in 2nd, and roll onto the throttle a bit, picked up quite nicely, but was still dogging a bit in the rpms. Then i turn out onto the highway and head out of town a little bit, speed limit feels awful slow i have to say. Bike feels great, headlights kickass, Hands are numb totally (no gloves yet) So i gear down, stop, turn the bike around. Then i just hammered it in 1st, and god knows what rpm it happened at, but all of a sudden the front end started to lift, BAM, hit second, keep it wide open, bam, somewhere around 10g it got all horny again, so i hit another gear and backed off, think the speedo said 160kmh or something. All i can say is WOW! ive never ridden a sport bike before, but am amazed. The short little ride i went on, it didnt feel too uncomfortable either. Im 5'7" with pretty short legs, so sitting right up to the tank, and holding on for dear life, it felt pretty good i gotta say. Man i love this bike. im just reading through the owners manual, seeing what i can learn. But first impression is a double thumbs up! Thanks for letting me babble!
Im in love
Brian :hump

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mwahahaha, now i know what all the talk is about!
I got the bike off the truck, and into the garage. Looked, drooled, loved, touched...Then grabbed the jacket and helmet, and decided to take it out down the block and back. Its cold as hell outside too, like 1 above freezing maybe. I rode down the street at low rpm, just getting the feel for the brakes and what not, felt nice. swirved down the road for a bit, liking the way things are feeling under me. So i turn up the next street, and was in 2nd, and roll onto the throttle a bit, picked up quite nicely, but was still dogging a bit in the rpms. Then i turn out onto the highway and head out of town a little bit, speed limit feels awful slow i have to say. Bike feels great, headlights kickass, Hands are numb totally (no gloves yet) So i gear down, stop, turn the bike around. Then i just hammered it in 1st, and god knows what rpm it happened at, but all of a sudden the front end started to lift, BAM, hit second, keep it wide open, bam, somewhere around 10g it got all horny again, so i hit another gear and backed off, think the speedo said 160kmh or something. All i can say is WOW! ive never ridden a sport bike before, but am amazed. The short little ride i went on, it didnt feel too uncomfortable either. Im 5'7" with pretty short legs, so sitting right up to the tank, and holding on for dear life, it felt pretty good i gotta say. Man i love this bike. im just reading through the owners manual, seeing what i can learn. But first impression is a double thumbs up! Thanks for letting me babble!
Im in love
Brian :hump

·
Registered
953 Posts
congradulations. take your time though. most people wreck their bikes in the first 6 months of having it. make sure you don't "punch it" everytime you get a chance. :cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts