Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Wildcard
50 Posts
Yeah I'd be glad to show you what I know. I've only been there a handful of times so I'm no expert but I know my way around the track. I really like Grattan though, I think you'll enjoy it

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Yeah I'd be glad to show you what I know. I've only been there a handful of times so I'm no expert but I know my way around the track. I really like Grattan though, I think you'll enjoy it
I'll be at grattan hopefully towards the end of Oct

sent from the phone

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Had my weekends mixed up, ill be at Nelson's next Saturday, anyone else?

sent from the phone

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Great day at Nelson's, little muggy and hot but the the track was perfect. Also dropped my best time by 1 sec now need to get to 16's

sent from the phone

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Great day at Nelson's, little muggy and hot but the the track was perfect. Also dropped my best time by 1 sec now need to get to 16's

sent from the phone
I got to ask man...what's all the rumblings about Nelson Ledges? I hear a lot of foks talk about the pavement being really bad there...is it really that bad?

I ask, because I want to try it out, but want to make sure it's worth the drive. You seem to head out there often, so your unbiased assesment would be great.

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I got to ask man...what's all the rumblings about Nelson Ledges? I hear a lot of foks talk about the pavement being really bad there...is it really that bad?

I ask, because I want to try it out, but want to make sure it's worth the drive. You seem to head out there often, so your unbiased assesment would be great.
I won't lie, the track is a little rough around the edges but its a ton of fun and a very fast course. It is a little bumpy in spots but stick to the race lines and its not bad. Also to be honest the track has a ton of grip even if its raining or wet.
Next for me is PIR(Beaver), then Nelson's, and last grattan
sent from the phone

·
Registered
114 Posts
sadly had to drop out of the last track day. had surgery. anyone gonna be making it to the 9/29 date at grattan? wouldnt mind meeting some forum members n learning. determined to make it this time, havent ridden for 3 weeks now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
didnt see the earlier posts but yeah if anyone else is making it to the later one id love to be shown around a bit. first track day n all..

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
sadly had to drop out of the last track day. had surgery. anyone gonna be making it to the 9/29 date at grattan? wouldnt mind meeting some forum members n learning. determined to make it this time, havent ridden for 3 weeks now.
That weekend is on my schedule. Trying to get those last days in. Weather permitting of course.

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
22nd I'll be at beaver, weather permitting

sent from the phone

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
All I'm all a good day, weather and track were bad until 1 the the sun dried up the track and it was perfect. Though it was a little packed with 37 riders in my group

sent from the phone

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
Well at least you got to get some riding in.
Next week is putnam hopefully the 30th, then Nelson's 13th then grattan 20th

sent from the phone

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Ended up up getting the day off tomorrow so I'll be at Nelson's for a monday trackday :YEA

·
R1 was Faster...
43 Posts
I'm up near Nelson Ledges, probably 30 minutes from!! Let me know if anyone else is in the area that loves to ride!?!

61 - 79 of 79 Posts