Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just posted a while ago about price on a damaged R6... well, I decided not to do it and found one on eBay, at what I thought was a pretty good price.

Its a blue 2000 with 5400 miles on it, and according to the seller, never been laid down and is in good condition... $4200, and I'd pick it up so theres no shipping cost

The seller has really good feedback and I don't think its a scam of any sort, he has a lot of feedback from other people that he bought R6 and motorcycle stuff from people on eBay recently.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2442625485

He will take paypal for the deposit, so that makes me feel a bit safer, and I told him I would send the deposit when he sent me more pictures of the bike from some angles I requested, and pics of the VIN and title.

:jump :jump Excited about my new purchase woo!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Looks good, congrats. Not too sure on the price being from Australia.

How much is the deposit? ie. what would you loose if it was a scam?

Its a good idea picking it up yourself just in case. At least you can have a look over her first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deposit is gonna be $500, but I'm thinking I might go the escrow route... the only thing is that it costs $200 extra, but I get to use my debit card and get 1.5% cash back, so that's like $63 saved, so escrow at a cost of around $140, this way they don't give the seller my money until the bike is in my posession and I've had a few days to look over it. Haven't decided if I want to use escrow or just pay the guy straight up though. Might be worth it for the peace of mind...

Heres a pic the guy took for me tonight... He has a 2000 R1 for sale on eBay too for $6500 or something like that that you can see in the background.

Looks sweet! :hammer

·
Registered
283 Posts
He sounds legit to me from his feedback but never trust anyone. $500 sounds like a big deposit to me especially when he can offer the bike to the next highest bidder if you do mess him about. Try and get the deposit down to $100 then I would pick it up to get one last look/go before handing over the cash.
I'm not sure exactly how escrow works but I didn't think you would get to ride the bike before he gets the cash. I thought it was just like a 3rd party that once they had both money and item sent them on at the same time. Therefore you could still receive a lemon while he has your cash.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Is that just me, or it that a dent in the gas tank (behind the right grip)? If he's close, go look at it in person and then if you decide on it for sure, give him the cash, and them ride it at his house with him watching and make sure it isn't a f*%ked up bike...

-Solace

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont think it's a dent...

Heres one from a diff angle

Anyways, I will be going down there to pick it up in person (not shipped) so I will get a good chance to look it over first beforing handing over all my money

1 - 6 of 6 Posts