Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Lean 'N Mean
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever get out of a reckless driving charge? I lane split and the Popos snuck up on me at a stop light with their undercover SUV. I stopped like the good citizen I am.

Despite that fact, I got slapped with "reckless/aggressive" driving.

Anyway, I may contest it - I have to speak with my lawyer. Anyone share a similar experience?

2,458 Posts
i got a reckless 3 years ago doing wheelies out in the middle of nowhere.. GD cop was off duty riding a goldwing i passed.. fker... he was a sherrif RESERVE to boot.. its like getting a ticket from a girl scout..

·
Shake & Bake!!
2,676 Posts
i got a reckless 3 years ago doing wheelies out in the middle of nowhere.. GD cop was off duty riding a goldwing i passed.. fker... he was a sherrif RESERVE to boot.. its like getting a ticket from a girl scout..
:lmao:bowroll

·
Insert nonsense here
5,093 Posts
LOL!!! My idiot friend did a u-turn in the middle of a four way stop and got pulled over by a bicycle cop (this was about 7 years ago). He was in his del sol with the top off too. Uber ghey! Got ticketed for that, no registration and I believe tags outta date! It was funny because I was in the passenger seat and the cop yelled STOP!...my buddy floored it and I was like WTF are you doing! so he second guessed himself and pulled over. Priceless. I still give him ish about it.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Hey, here in JerZ you can almost always plea any moving violation down to an "Unsafe Operating" ticket. This ticket carries no points, but a HUGE fine. Basically they whack you like $250 for a fine, plus court fees. Then they make you pay the state surcharges you would have incurred which is like $400. So for like $650ish you can get no points.

You can only pull this job 3 times in your life or like in ten years or something like that.

Why'd you get stopped and ticketed? NM, i saw lane splitting in your OP.. That sucks.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i thought lane splitting at worst is an "improper lane usage" ticket which isnt too serious i think
unless you were doing it at high speeds.... :poke
i would maybe try to argue it down to that.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
LOL!!! My idiot friend did a u-turn in the middle of a four way stop and got pulled over by a bicycle cop (this was about 7 years ago). He was in his del sol with the top off too. Uber ghey! Got ticketed for that, no registration and I believe tags outta date! It was funny because I was in the passenger seat and the cop yelled STOP!...my buddy floored it and I was like WTF are you doing! so he second guessed himself and pulled over. Priceless. I still give him ish about it.
:lmao Man I was in downtown Ft. Worth one night. Some guy is sitting at a light and a person on the street yells at him to do a burn out. The guy starts lighting up the tire at the light and a bicycle cop comes pedaling up faster than shit ditches the mountain bike grabs the key out of the guys bike, scares the shit out of him I guess because he dropped the bike and just about took a swing at the cop. Was entertaining to watch go down.:lmao

·
12,479 Posts
Man up. You were doing something wrong. Lane splitting is only legal in Cali.

2,458 Posts
i cant believe lane splitting would be considered a reckless.. theres no way.. getting a reckless is in the same category as a DUI.. you must have either really pissed someone off or the cop strait up hated your ass... whatd u do-tell him you were trying to get out of his addition quick before he got home and found you bangin his wife? lol

·
Jesus Reigns
4,400 Posts
Only thing Ive gotten on my bike is for not using a blinker. But that was just a warning

·
12,479 Posts
Lane splitting in a state that doesn't allow it IS similar to a drunk driver...

Other drivers/riders aren't expecting it.... it's not normal.

·
Lean 'N Mean
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well my hearing was today and I got a PD to plead NOT guilty. We'll see what my lawyer says today. I may try to get it dropped to "Terrorist Driving" which is a civil infraction and won't violate my probation :p.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
:bowroll Bro, that sucks.... but then, I have been there.... I ran though....
Man up. You were doing something wrong. Lane splitting is only legal in Cali.
:yes
Well my hearing was today and I got a PD to plead NOT guilty. We'll see what my lawyer says today. I may try to get it dropped to "Terrorist Driving" which is a civil infraction and won't violate my probation :p.
Bro, not to be a dick or anything, but if you are on probation, why the fcuk are you doing shit you know to be against the law?

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
316.209 Operating motorcycles on roadways laned for traffic (2) The operator of a motorcycle shall not overtake and pass in the same lane occupied by the vehicle being overtaken. (3) No person shall operate a motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?mode=View Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=CH0316/Sec209.HTM

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/laws.asp - check your state laws!!!!

the only thing i can say to help you is that the cop got you on the ticket how ever its not the law you broke that he got you for its not reckless driving but in some cases they can call it that but its a 316.209

·
Lean 'N Mean
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:bowroll Bro, that sucks.... but then, I have been there.... I ran though....

:yes

Bro, not to be a dick or anything, but if you are on probation, why the fcuk are you doing shit you know to be against the law?
Good question. Why do any of us do stupid things? There was a traffic jam and I was tired of waiting so I shimmied past a few cars at a low speed. Figures I'd get "reckless driving" for going too slow.

316.209 Operating motorcycles on roadways laned for traffic (2) The operator of a motorcycle shall not overtake and pass in the same lane occupied by the vehicle being overtaken. (3) No person shall operate a motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?mode=View Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=CH0316/Sec209.HTM

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/laws.asp - check your state laws!!!!

the only thing i can say to help you is that the cop got you on the ticket how ever its not the law you broke that he got you for its not reckless driving but in some cases they can call it that but its a 316.209
Thanks for the information, yeah I would have appreciated just a ticket to be done with it. Points are fine, I think this cop just had a hair up his patooty..

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Good question. Why do any of us do stupid things? There was a traffic jam and I was tired of waiting so I shimmied past a few cars at a low speed. Figures I'd get "reckless driving" for going too slow.
Hey, Ive been on probation for reckless, speeding, etc... Common sense should tell you that when you are on probation, you gotta chill man. Not busting your balls, just sharing experience...learned the hard way....

·
Lean 'N Mean
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey, Ive been on probation for reckless, speeding, etc... Common sense should tell you that when you are on probation, you gotta chill man. Not busting your balls, just sharing experience...learned the hard way....
Yes, I understand you. I am on Federal Probation actually - for a completely different charge. The only thing I am worried about is... a criminal offense while on FP is a violation. So, they could lock me up technically. Right now, I'm speaking with my Federal attorney to try and cut a deal, etc.

It's all a big game! Let the good times roll... :yes

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Yes, I understand you. I am on Federal Probation actually - for a completely different charge. The only thing I am worried about is... a criminal offense while on FP is a violation. So, they could lock me up technically. Right now, I'm speaking with my Federal attorney to try and cut a deal, etc.

It's all a big game! Let the good times roll... :yes
Well, I bet you wont do it again...:laugh Good luck man, I hate being in court... Last time I went, it took like 5 minutes for the judge to go through my driving citations....then he asked why I should get a lenient sentence.... I got the max fine/suspension.

Now days, I keep it clean, and my driving record is cool now...and insurance is cheap too...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts