Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Heck of a good deal if I do say so myself.

4 years later, and I still love my Ohlins damper.:grin:

Yeah I'm glad I could scoop this up! I'm excited to get it on my bike and see how cornering is different. I've never ran a damper before.

I also want to say that the OP was really fast with shipping and really easy to work with. Should be in my hands Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Touchdown!
1,295 Posts
It's still going to corner the same. Cornering is from suspension set up.

The big thing it'll do is when you go WOT out of a curve or over an uneven bump, it will not let the front end get out out of shape. That'll save you.

Edit: Let me take part of that back. It will depend on the dampening level you have it set to. That may alter tip in somewhat (probably very minor), but at speed, you don't turn your handle bars very far. I keep mine adjusted to the point where the very instance my front end tried to get loose, my damper pulls it right back to where it needs to be. It offers great confident when throttling out of a corner and the front gets light.

·
Was wrong all this time
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agreed with Straight Success - Mostly will control and stabilize the side to side movement of the wheels.

Josh - Keep me posted on how it goes.
Have fun with it and y'all ride safe!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Ohlins Steering Damper - SOLD

Well I got it on Monday as promised! Everything was in superb condition and I hope I installed it right, there's a whole lot of miscellaneous shims haha. Bike only feels moderately different on the short ride home, but I did get pulled over for flying through my gears! Talk about confidence.

Overall Shadi is a solid 10/10 salesman and I would definitely do business with him again.

Time to hit the track!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts