Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did an oil change and refilled the coolant and my bike started acting weird. Every time I'm in first gear around 10k rpm the motor would shut off. It wouldn't start up again unless I switch the key to off and back on, then it would start. I refilled 3 1/2 quarts of oil with a new filter and I'm pretty sure I did it correctly. For the coolant I add all the way to where it says "upper" because the coolant was way below where it says "lower". The bike seems to be working fine when it had a little bit of coolant. Did me adding more on top gave me this problem? Please help

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,459 Posts
What is the oil level on the dipstick? The bike may hold 3.5 quarts bit when you drain it you typically get just under 3 out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the oil level on the dipstick? The bike may hold 3.5 quarts bit when you drain it you typically get just under 3 out.
I made sure all the oil came out because I stand the bike up while it was draining. I measure the oil from the window and it seems to be normal. When the bike is on the kickstand there's no oil showing on the window and when I stand the bike up, there was full oil in the window. What are usually the causes for the bike to shutoff while having a high throttle in first gear?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made sure all the oil came out because I stand the bike up while it was draining. I measure the oil from the window and it seems to be normal. When the bike is on the kickstand there's no oil showing on the window and when I stand the bike up, there was full oil in the window. What are usually the causes for the bike to shutoff while having a high throttle in first gear?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot to mention that I put 10w30 synthetic oil because the dealer said it was okay. Would that cause the problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts