Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals, my name is ian. just bought a 04 r6 after selling my old f2. my f2 was used so i never had to go through the break in process. its very tough!! any way i had the bike serviced at 600 but was wondering if would be a good idea to change the oil agian at 1000.just to be safe with all the metal particles. the dealership said to come back at 4000 which seems a little long.i'm planning on keeping this bike for a couple of years so i just want to be safe. once agian hello and thanks for any advice.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
R6IAN said:
hey guys and gals, my name is ian. just bought a 04 r6 after selling my old f2. my f2 was used so i never had to go through the break in process. its very tough!! any way i had the bike serviced at 600 but was wondering if would be a good idea to change the oil agian at 1000.just to be safe with all the metal particles. the dealership said to come back at 4000 which seems a little long.i'm planning on keeping this bike for a couple of years so i just want to be safe. once agian hello and thanks for any advice.
What's up Ian and welcome to the forum.
I know most will suggest on doing so @ 1k and I agree myself.
So go for it. It's better taking care of that engine early.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
welcome man, enjoy the new ride. i would also do it again at 1k just to make it easy to keep track of and just to be safe :cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts