Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I had a look through the first page and couldn't find the answer that I was after...

Anywho, I've got an 07 R6 with around 4500km. It's had it's 1000km service last year in March, and the next service is due in 7000km I beleive as per the manual.

I'm guessing I'll hit 7000km by the end of the year or early next year. But should I change the oil before then?

Is bike oil like car oil as it needs to be changed by either a date or KM?

I ride my bike only once a week/fortnight.

Thanks.

·
GONE RIDING ONCE AGAIN
398 Posts
i change my oil about every 2000 miles some change sooner and the others later its all up to you,

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
2000 miles or 3 month, whichever comes first. 1st oil change should be petrol based, so it should be flushed out with in 1000 miles. That oil will have all the metal shavings from break in. With synthetic you can go for more than 2000 miles, but frequent oil changes are the best / cheapest thing you can do for your bike.

My street bike gets new oil / filter every 2000 miles, and race bike after every weekend.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every 2000 miles sound good. My last oil change was exactly one year ago. Does it matter on how long the oil is in the bike?

·
I'm To Sexy For My Raven
2,709 Posts
I change my oil with Yamalube every 1000 miles, but then again I always rape my bike when I go out for a ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts