Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just did my oil change, but i dont' have a filter wrench to tigh up the filter cap, so i just hand tighten it. ( like what i did on my car). there are no leak when i rode my bike today. but i don't know if that's ok, or should i go buy a filter wrench tomorrow and tighten it again.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i put yamalube (20w-40/api sj) and yamaha oil filter, but it cost me almost 30 dollars, it is worth it, or should i try k & n and different oil next time

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
as far as price, you can go a little cheaper, but as far as tightenin your good with just hand tightenin, its all i do and its worked fine so far :cheers

·
Registered
304 Posts
tighten the filter too much more then you will need a wrench to remove it..........i use mobil 1 for oil.......but i would recommend anything synthetic

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
oliverclothesov said:
i did use a wrench for the plug tho
WEAK!!! You little girly man, I will twist up your little girly fat into a nipple and make you suck on it like a baby!!!

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
Yes I did.

It's tasty. I had to put some more paprika in it though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
buy a k&n and never look back. it has a nut on the end of the filter to tighten it with.

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
I use Wix filters. #51358 Costs about $7-$8

After looking at the inside of a Yamaha Filter, I'll never use one again, looked about as bad as a Fram on the inside.

Other good filters are:
Mobil 1
Purolator
NAPA (rebadged Wix)
K&N
Champion (so I've read)

If you want to try and use a longer filter go to any auto parts store and use the filter for a 94 Mazda MX-3 V6 as a reference, they are the same size as our filters, but a little longer (1/2 inch).

I also use Mobil 1 Red Cap oil ($18 for the big container at Wal-Mart)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yep, i saw the yamaha filter and i didn't like it, but i already brought it so i went and used it. but i will try different filter and oil next time. the yamaha filter doesn't have a spring in there, so if there is a metal piece stuck inside, my engine will not get any oil.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts