Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into what all I need, and want, to do to a ‘14 R6 for track days and eventually racing. For racing, one of the many items I’ll need is an oil containment lower fairing. From what I’ve found, you have to go with an entire race set to get that. Once installed, how much effort is it to get the bike back to a street legal (lights) configuration? Are there other options?

·
Probably breaking stuff
41 Posts
I can swap back and forth between fairing sets in under a couple hours. It gets faster every time you do it. Probably easier to get track fairings and then use the stock rear end with light still in it and then put a removable headlight on the front to make it street legal.

If you can keep all of the bolts organized, then it should be extremely quick. But I can't keep bolts organized.

·
Probably breaking stuff
41 Posts
Depends how much you want to spend. Hotbodies is only worth it if you wait for their end of season sale (in the fall) and get them when they are half off.

I would check your local forums, fb group, track day org or racers and odds are is that someone is giving away a set of race bodywork for fairly cheap.

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
best are sharkskinz and armor bodies. Requires minimal adjustment. There are other cheaper brands BUT you will soon find out how they are garbage after a crash thereby negating your cheap cost.

As for putting the bike back on the street... not a good idea. I guess with LED lights you can add some headlights at the mirror mount areas and have a strip LED rear light with the racebody. Once you see how easy it is to service a bike with race body... you wont be going back to stock panels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts