Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant get my oil filter out on my 04 R6, tried those wrenches but doesnt budge. Any good tips? Thanks.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Just get a large set of channel locks. Since you're not reusing the filter, who cares what it looks like when you get it out of there?

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
i bought one of those oil filter cap wrench but it kept on slipping so i put rubber band around the filter to give it a little more grip and slide the cap over top. that should give enough friction to open up the filer. other thing i did was cut a piece of cardboard and place it between the filter and the cap to make it tight enough for the cap not to slip.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
screwdriver

+1

Get a long screwdriver and bang that bitch right threw the filter and use the driver as a handle and it will come right off. It gets a little messy though so make sure the oil is drained first(duh?) and make sure you have an drain can underneath.

·
I sold my R6
229 Posts
+1

Get a long screwdriver and bang that bitch right threw the filter and use the driver as a handle and it will come right off. It gets a little messy though so make sure the oil is drained first(duh?) and make sure you have an drain can underneath.
Screwdriver works but be carefull. If you rip it in half it's a pain in the *ss to get off. I'd just get the cap or a strap wrench.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Screwdriver works but be carefull. If you rip it in half it's a pain in the *ss to get off. I'd just get the cap or a strap wrench.
Tru dat!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll try the strap wrench first and if I still cant do it i'll probably use the screwdriver. Thanks a lot guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts