Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, there is some oil under my bike and I think it might be coming from the drain plug. Last time I changed it, I'm sure I tightened it, but is there an O-Ring or something around it? What do I do to narrow it down. I got the extended warranties which the dude said they cover "****-ups" so I would consider this one a "****-up" and not my fault... what do you think... ???

Thanks,
-Solace

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
most times it is that washer, supposedly you are supposed to change it every oil change. but who does that.

at work i use a small bottle of dye that is added to the oil. you could buy it at just about any parts store. you will also need an infared light, bluish purple light. well anyway just drop a bottle of that stuff, ride for a day and check with the light. most times you are able to trace the leak.

or since you have the warranty just take the bike in.

·
Registered
886 Posts
im having the same problem with my bike im having oil spray on my right side little bit but it goes on my right side swing arm and on my shoes i try tightening some screws thought that might be it but nopes still spraying sont know what the hell it is i dont trust riding my bike like that casue dont wanna go doen in the canyons so its sitting in my garage now ..

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
yes, the drain plug uses a crush washer that is to be replaced with each oil change...............and I might be the only one who does, but i do change mine everytime. It's only $1, I just bought 10 of them the last time i went in (good and stocked up)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts