Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have an '02 and it recently has started leaing some oil, small amounts in garage. I am thinking that the shop may have just left something loose and going to do it myself to double check everything. I know the mobil1 red cap f/ wal-mart correct?? but what filter do I need? also, if leaking continues where else should I look on the engine?

·
Registered
304 Posts
my 00 leaks a small amount of oil (but it could be from the chain lube as well which i have not thought of before...good idea) but people lets remember that these are still only motorcycles not luxury automobiles....they are subject to harder use and much more vibrations due to high rpms and a little leak here and there is not the end of the world. it is bound to happen..............NOW if the leak is puddling on the floor of your garage or where you happen to park then you have a problem or if dealr did if for you then they have problem. you should be fine

·
Registered
836 Posts
Is it leaking from one of the breather hoses???

When I got my first oil change done at the dealer, they had overfilled the oil and I had a drip coming from the breather hose.

Once I corrected the overfilling problem, I had no more leaks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it seems like it is running off of the engine onto the breather hose, but could be from the hose as well. I just changed it out w/ mobil 1 so I will see if that helps w/ all levels right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts