Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have an 01 r6 and just recently the oil light comes on, on the cluster. now i have been told that there is only a level sensor or only a pressure sensor. don't know which it is. but is was wondering if anyone has ran into this problem before and what they did to fix it. The bike seems to run great, but at highway speeds at a constant RPM the light will kick on and then will shut off when slowing to about 30-35MPH. there is no knocking in the motor or any unusual signs of no pressure or leaks at all. oil level is full when sitting upright. if anyone has got any ideas please let me know. weather is to nice to be driving my car to work!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have an 06 R6...and my oil light will do that every once in a while until it gets warm pas 78 degrees Celius... no power loss either when the light comes on....

·
Registered
5 Posts
this is strange had same problem on my bike..filled it with alittle more oil then the light didnt showed up! consuming oil probably!?

·
Team Blue
311 Posts
it's an oil level sensor...not a pressure switch...you might be a little low on oil. Add some 'till you're at the top of the notches on the dipstick and you should be good to go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts