Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I trailride with my R6
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 04 R6 used not too long ago. Has 15000 miles on it. Got around to putting some plugs in it today. When I pulled the old plugs out the threads and bottom where covered in oil. Do these bike have valve seal or ring problems? How difficult is a valve seal replacement? How much would a dealer (In general) charge for forgiving rings? What about for fixing a valve seal? Thanks for the help and if you need more info just ask.

Attachments

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Never heard of valve issuse. Could be,running rich I guess. Does it hsve a power commander or bazzaz

·
Lovin the R6!
682 Posts
Mine had the same thing, but my bike runs rich and runs like a charm

Mines 03, just did the plugs 3 days ago

·
I trailride with my R6
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine had the same thing, but my bike runs rich and runs like a charm

Mines 03, just did the plugs 3 days ago
You had oil on the plug or it was charred?
These had Liquid On Them

What makes you think it's oil?

Post a pic of the tip, that's what matters.. Some people use antiseize/graphite on the threads.
It's hard to see in the pic but right above my fingers at the bottom of the threads is liquid. It smelled and felt like oil.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
At 15k you shouldnt have any valve issues. Hmmm im still leaning toward it being rich. What kinda gas mileage you getting, how many miles before the light comes on?

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
You had oil on the plug or it was charred?
These had Liquid On Them

It's hard to see in the pic but right above my fingers at the bottom of the threads is liquid. It smelled and felt like oil.
You'd be puffin blue smoke bro. It's not oil Post the pic of the tip so we can at least see if it's running real rich or lean

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
You'd be puffin blue smoke bro. It's not oil Post the pic of the tip so we can at least see if it's running real rich or lean
:fact: show us your tip bro so we can talk about out :lol:

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts