Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys
I have R6 2008:nocontrol
So I would lie to perform oil pressure measurements. But the main problem is Oil pressure adapter (90890-03139). It's just a piece of a metal and costs approx 70$. I think it's not a problem to make it by myself, but I have no idea what the thread size. It's defenetely not metric.
May be some of you has already prodused this stuff and has blueprints or measured sizes.. It would be great:love

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
I can't tell you the sizes, but....

I believe it's just an adapter that goes between your oil fill hole and a pressure gauge. You should be able to take the fill plug out and measure the threads for that side, and match the other side to whatever pressure gauge you're using.

EDIT: I was wrong, it's not the oil fill plug, but the "main galley bolt 1". Still, same idea.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't tell you the sizes, but....

I believe it's just an adapter that goes between your oil fill hole and a pressure gauge. You should be able to take the fill plug out and measure the threads for that side, and match the other side to whatever pressure gauge you're using.

EDIT: I was wrong, it's not the oil fill plug, but the "main galley bolt 1". Still, same idea.
Yep, you're absolutely right. I've just posted above that it's an adapter.
My problem is - I have only metric thread gauges, so I cant measure nonmetric threads :(

May be it's a standard thread for cars or etc and its possible to by cheaper subj.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Yep, you're absolutely right. I've just posted above that it's an adapter.
My problem is - I have only metric thread gauges, so I cant measure nonmetric threads :(

May be it's a standard thread for cars or etc and its possible to by cheaper subj.
Maybe this is showing my ignorance, but couldn't you use a micrometer to get the measurements you need to determine the size?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
On page 25 of the 2008 r6x service manual it specifies the part # 90890-03139 with a m16 thread with a pitch of 1.5mm

The other end will be a standard gauge fitting

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On page 25 of the 2008 r6x service manual it specifies the part # 90890-03139 with a m16 thread with a pitch of 1.5mm

The other end will be a standard gauge fitting
Yep
Thanks a lot, man:bow
checked it in my manual as well, its M16

1 - 7 of 7 Posts