Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my bike mid season (first bike, so I don't know the in's and out's of it 100% yet). Anyways, before I bought it the bike had been dropped and the oil pump cover was replaced. Everything looked great, no oil leaks, guy had receipts from the dealership that did the work to it. Well fast forward 3 months, 2.5k miles later. I was looking over the bike before I was going to go ride, checking fluids, tires, yada yada. I decided to grab my allans and make sure some bolts were tight. I checked the oil pump cover bolts and all of them were tight, except one, I put a wrench to it and give it barely any pressure. Turns out it was already stripped and the bolt was tightened JUST enough to not leak, but not enough to get loose again. I tried to snug it up as best as possible and crossed my fingers that it would be ok until the end of the season. I took it for a short ride after that, about 15 miles. When I got home my right shoe as well as my exhaust and rearset had oil all over them. Sure enough its leaking now.

How would you guys go about fixing this? I was planning on just tearing the bike down and taking it to a shop to have them re-thread the hole and just putting a slightly bigger bolt in it. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for any advice guys, I appreciate it.

·
I eat my R6
27 Posts
Take the bolt out, and find another one the same size and everything. Go to a local sears, and by a tap set and tap out the hole and then blow out the hole. I do it all the time at work, and that is all they are going to do. If you have receipts, take the bike back to the dealership, and raise hell!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.