Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 R6S, i need to change the oil and filter. Was thinking about doing synthetic oil. Any recomendations?

·
Living 1/4 mile at a time
1,143 Posts
Yamaha has finally released a fully synthetic oil... I just started using it,,, seems to be working well!

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
the only thing you need to do is keep your oil clean.

that being said, i have always been partial to Amsoil products.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
the only thing you need to do is keep your oil clean.

that being said, i have always been partial to Amsoil products.
good call. i recommend synthetic oil. i run amsoil mcf 10-40.i am also a dealer if you care to run that in your bike let me know.

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
thats what i run in my bike. with the amsoil filter.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts

·
fun and informative
560 Posts

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
Motul 300V, the green stuff.

·
Registered
128 Posts
amsoil. price was right. synthetic. white paper says it all.

i dislike when people tell you to do a search. a forum is to exchange ideas and meet others.

·
I love German beer.
72 Posts
I am due for an oil change myself. I was wondering about the "specialness" if you will, of yamalube. Is it true if you use other oils, the tranny has problems?

·
Registered
136 Posts
amsoil. price was right. synthetic. white paper says it all.

i dislike when people tell you to do a search. a forum is to exchange ideas and meet others.
I agree on the search part... new thoughts and ideas may come to the surface when something is brought up again.

this white paper ..

http://bestoil4you.com/files/g2156MCoilStudy.pdf

I am due for an oil change myself. I was wondering about the "specialness" if you will, of yamalube. Is it true if you use other oils, the tranny has problems?
Only if you listen to someone at the Dealership...

Nothing "Special" about Yamalube... it goes out for bid every 3 years just like every other OEM..

Doc

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
Nothing "Special" about Yamalube... it goes out for bid every 3 years just like every other OEM..
Doc
I've been telling people this for years--although I thought it was every 5 years. Regardless, Yamahalube is the lowest bidders oil at that time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yep,

Another one I deal with on a regular basis.... "Look at all the cars that use Mobil 1 from the factory, it has to be the best!"

Little do they realize that Mobil 1 uses that basically as a "Loss Leader" where they discount the hell out of the product, pay for the extra printing and the new oil caps and make it up on residual sales.

Nice to have a mega million $$ advertising budget....

Doc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts