Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am fed up with my buddies calling my bike a death trap cause they cant see my brake light when they are riding behind me. they say its a suicide brake light cause it is definitely not visible during the day. anyone got any ideas of making a better looking and more visible brake light. i was thinking like an led flex array like the ones on www.customdynamics.com anyways, any feedback is appreciated. thanks. btw here is a pic of the bike so u have some idea of what im talking about http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL165/1107658/5560355/71234282.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah ive got a suggestion GET THE DAMN EXHAUST OUTTA THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! but for real unless u put a strobe in there

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
maybe try wiring one onto your swingarm off the other side of the axle like a chopper does sometimes? just a suggestion. maybe cut down the length of the pipes a bit? I'd hate to see the quad pipes go.......

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
geez guess no one digs the pipes like i do.... anyways, yea i was thinking of getting rid of them, but i like to be unique, even if people think im a retard. thanks for the quick feedback.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I dig em. I said I'd hate to see them go dammit! listen to meeeee! listeeeeeeeen to meeeeeeeeeeee!

if you can find someone who has access to a metal bandsaw, you could shorten those pipes up a bit and have a nice clean, straight line.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Put your brakes and turn signal lights down the passenger pegs with LED's. I would be uncomfortable if that was my brake light.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Definitely go with LEDs...very visible during night and day...even with the pipes you have now.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Argosax said:
geez guess no one digs the pipes like i do.... anyways, yea i was thinking of getting rid of them, but i like to be unique, even if people think im a retard. thanks for the quick feedback.

i dig the ol' BF Pipes. maybe you can engineer something on the sides of your tail fairing. if visibility from the rear is possible then i think it would work.

·
Registered
786 Posts
man .... I love those pipes....
MV Agusta style on the R6.... lovely
THey probably give a whole new tone to the exhaust note as well

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
z31maniac said:
Put your brakes and turn signal lights down the passenger pegs with LED's. I would be uncomfortable if that was my brake light.
ya, Stone did that with his turn signals and someone else did as well but can't remember who.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i did the peg/turn signal mod last summer. unfortunately i honestly say the leds in the pegs is hard to see during the day. i would do what penfold recommended, shorten your pipes a bit. or i hate to say this but try to mount it somehow under your pipes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I like the pipes man! What I would do in your situation is: Look back in the area where the battery case is located. It's nice and shaded from sunlight in there. I would mount a good size cluster (or 2) of red LED's back there so you can see them under the pipes. I have some 10mm amber LEDs on my rear pegs for turn signals. Decent in the day, and really bright at night because they are pointing straight back.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
keep the pipes, and turn the ass end of the 6 into a Irishman's nose (no offense to anyone from Boston or happens to be Irish). The Pegs are a good one, and Tapout has a really good idea.

I would try those 1st and see how it works. If it is stll hard to see the brake light I would say do the side mount but that would be the last option....

personally I don't think that I would have the 4 pack on my 6, but I do think they look good and wouldn't want to see anything that would disrupt the lines of such a system. (i.e. brake light hanging off the bottom.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts