Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
N(.)(.)bie
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say... Im an old member but I got a new bike! :)

Needless to say my 05 red r6 was totaled in september.. the replace is a 07 blue r6! Yay!:toocool:

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Welcome back!!! How are ya?

Sorry to hear about your 05 being totaled...hope you wernt injured too badly...

Congrats on the new ride...post some pics already :mrgreen:

·
N(.)(.)bie
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
N(.)(.)bie
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried posting them. Let me attach them this time. And No I wasn't hurt badly.

Ok its an 07 basically stock. Only has an FE Kit on it right now. Still has one year on its warranty left so only a few mods to come for a year or so.

Planned and in the works:
Flush Mounts
Frame sliders/ Spools/ Bar Ends
Levers
Rearsets
SS Brake lines
Leo Vince Slip on

Attachments

·
10,295 Posts
Very nice...how ya like the 3rd gen body positioning?

And glad you wernt hurt badly...you mind if I ask how it happened?

·
N(.)(.)bie
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks Max... Ive been gone to long. Grad School sucks. But the program I am in now gives me some more free time.

Um... easiest way I can explain it. I let My bf ride it and he was spilting the carpool lane and a car crossed the double yellow. He broadsided that car and traveled 3 lanes of traffic hit a semi and flew over the bars forward doing a face plant and the bike went to the left and slammed nose first into the k-rail. :(

ANd before you say anything about letting others ride your bike... I let him do it knowing that this could happen. My bf is on this forum and he has been riding for some time. and some of you know him.

·
10,295 Posts
Eeesh...

So you wernt riding (or riding with him) when it happened?

I thought you mentioned you wernt hurt badly...

The question now is: Is your bf ok?

·
N(.)(.)bie
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Um he was wearing gear( full face helmet, leather jacket , riding jeans, gloves and riding boots) but his left glove came off... so he has road rash on his hands (yes still has all of his fingers) and now his hand goes numb multiple times a day and he gets shooting pains in his forearm down to his hand.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Um he was wearing gear( full face helmet, leather jacket , riding jeans, gloves and riding boots) but his left glove came off... so he has road rash on his hands (yes still has all of his fingers) and now his hand goes numb multiple times a day and he gets shooting pains in his forearm down to his hand.
Was he wearing gauntlet gloves or short ones?

·
N(.)(.)bie
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
i have that happen too well just my pinky and ring finger and the lower half of my hand

:wave but welcome back

1 - 20 of 25 Posts