Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
Re: ALL NEW Annitori RL "Gen 2" Quickshifter

OK, here you go, sorry for the delay.

As you can see, all you need is a normal threaded grub screw to connect the sensor to the arm (and two locknuts so it doesn't fall apart). And the Woodcraft shift rod I mentioned above (It will come with it's own locknuts, one normal, one reverse).

Like I said, I'm not sure what bits come in the box when you order just QS unit because I also ordered a shift rod and requested a left hand grub screw. So call and make sure you'll get the normal threaded grub screw and two locknuts, which is all you'll need from Annitori.

This set up is much, much better than using a shift rod from Annitori. You eliminate two grub screws and 2 locknuts this way. It's not that the shift rod they will sell you is bad or anything, it's just the fact that the Woodcraft kit uses female heim joints makes it awkward and sloppy to also use a female threaded shift rod.

As a side note, after 10 trackdays and 1 race weekend so far this year, I'm loving my Annitori QS.

·
Reads the rulez
2,254 Posts

Got mine set up exactly how your picture is.

For those that may run into this in the future, here's my experience.

A "grub screw" is a fancy word for threaded rod. I didn't want to wait weeks for parts to come in. Ain't nobody got time fo dat! So all I did was find a spare 6mm hex bolt I had, and used my air powered cut off wheel and cut the head of the bolt off. Volia! One "grub screw" fabricated. Put some generic 6mm nuts on my newly made grub screw for lock nuts, and I'm set.

So if you're trying to get your Annitori set up with Woodcraft GP shift rear sets, this is what you'll need:

Woodcraft rear set kit. If buying used, make sure you get the female heim joints.
The shift linkage part # thedub listed earlier in this thread
Just your Annitroi QS
2-3 extra 6mm nuts for locknuts
1 6mm bolt at least 2" long. Most of the bolt will thread into the female heim joint/quickshifter itself.

Reactions: DblD

·
Registered
55 Posts

can somebody help me. ive read all 5 pages here but im still confused for some reason. i have woodcraft rear sets but its not the gp shift like you guys are talking about. not sure if that makes a difference or not,...how do i make this happen? what do i need EXACTLY?

·
Registered
84 Posts

OK, here you go, sorry for the delay.

As you can see, all you need is a normal threaded grub screw to connect the sensor to the arm (and two locknuts so it doesn't fall apart). And the Woodcraft shift rod I mentioned above (It will come with it's own locknuts, one normal, one reverse).

Like I said, I'm not sure what bits come in the box when you order just QS unit because I also ordered a shift rod and requested a left hand grub screw. So call and make sure you'll get the normal threaded grub screw and two locknuts, which is all you'll need from Annitori.

This set up is much, much better than using a shift rod from Annitori. You eliminate two grub screws and 2 locknuts this way. It's not that the shift rod they will sell you is bad or anything, it's just the fact that the Woodcraft kit uses female heim joints makes it awkward and sloppy to also use a female threaded shift rod.

As a side note, after 10 trackdays and 1 race weekend so far this year, I'm loving my Annitori QS.
This is EXACT setup i will be getting....cant wait!

·
Reads the rulez
2,254 Posts

I hear rumors of a new/updated QS coming out from you guys. When is this going to be available for purchase?

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts

I hear rumors of a new/updated QS coming out from you guys. When is this going to be available for purchase?

I believe it is man. I got an email a couple weeks ago indicating it was ready to ship soon. Sounds solid man

·
Reads the rulez
2,254 Posts

I believe it is man. I got an email a couple weeks ago indicating it was ready to ship soon. Sounds solid man
Looks like I'll be hitting you up in a few weeks. :cheers

·
Reads the rulez
2,254 Posts

Any updates to this?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.