Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at gixxer, r6, f4i, 600rr(honda), and maybe the kawasaki 6r.

Need your opinions on these bikes in the years 2000-2001, because i can get a decent deal on them..

I've never had a street bike before, but i Have a cr250, and have ridden shitload of dirbikes, and i rode my buddies r6, but his is brand new ( 03 ).

so what do you guys think about the bikes in these years ???

thanks in advance :boob

·
Registered
504 Posts
well being as this is an R6 site you are going to get a pretty biased answer. I personally have always liked the R6 but some of the older ones did have trans. issues, they are still my favorite out of the bikes you listed though. If you are looking for something you can trust to start and run everyday forever then look at an F4i I have seen guys beat the shit out of those things and they just keep going. 600rr was new last year also so you aren't going to be finding those in the price range it sounds like you are looking at. Kawasaki's I have never liked and everybody and there mama has a gixxer. Basically just buy an R6 :twisted:

·
Registered
10 Posts
01 R6 here too. I know a guy with I think an 01 f4i and its been working great for him with no real problems. gsxr's are pretty nice too. I'd choose them all before a ninja though, unless of course you are getting an 03 or 04 zx-6r or 04 zx-10r. But if you were getting a brand new liter bike I'm sure everyone here would highly recommend that absolutely beautiful new (and oh so powerful) R1.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i got an R1, wouldnt be new, they are like 10 grand lol..

Basically i am selling stuff to get a bike, one of my cars, and my beloved 416 EX ;( . i'll miss her, but keeping the cr ).

so i'd hate to dish out 11 grand for a new r1 that i'd prob lay down. R6 is a nice bike, hella nice.. I just wondered if in previous years they are also this much better to competition..

I have a friend that has a new 600rr, and he rode my bro's r6, and even he says he wish he would have gotten an r6.

And i thought about buying a new one, but i hate dealing with the dickfucks at the shops. are the 2001's fuel injected ???

ALSO: being able to get on it and beat the shit out of it and have it run agian, is not major concern. I've done alot of work on small engines etc. I know how to keep them running good. But i am still new to street bikes, and dont know all about them, and have only ridden one.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have a 2000 R6 & love it.

Obviously a 2000 will probably have more miles on it than a 2001 but if they're kept in good condition & serviced regularly then any bike of those years should be good enough, especially if you haven't ridden a 600 road bike before. You'll be blown away with any. :mrgreen:

·
rockin the '08
3,071 Posts
I just bought a 2000 R6 a few months ago. Rides like new...my mechanic is always threatning to steal it from me hehe. it has 40,000km's on it and still going strong.

·
Is my R6 cool like Phils?
297 Posts
'02 with 16kish miles but just got it back in may... was considering selling and buying a brand new one (fuel injected and looks good!)

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,924 Posts
For those years the R6 is great except the tranny problems, but you could always swap the gear box for the 03-05 if you wanted to fix that. Although you can't go wrong with a honda, very well engineered motor. Damn things will take a hell of a lot of abuse and parts are easy to find cheap. Main reason a lot of the stunters use them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.