Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 R6.... which midpipe is better, theyre only 5 dollars different in price.... any opinions/suggestions?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I'm not a fan of the T-Tuner design.

I'd be willing to bet if you call Mike at MJS he probably make you a deal on the, MJS Midpipe (clamp on), since the Olson one is just slightly cheaper. MJS also has a weld on version that eliminates the cat and the muffler, not just the muffler like the clamp on the mid-pipes. Or just a whole MJS header and don't have to mess with any cutting, or trying to get clamp on sections sealed.

As mentioned the 05 headers can be used, but you'll need to re-drill the flanges, and cut/adapter the pipe output.

Between the two options you listed, I'd go the Olson over T-Tuner, but I'd call Mike at MJS and see what he can do for you. My post with all the stuff I got from MJS.

So what else do you plan on doing? Smog block offs, EXUP Eliminator, PowerCommanderV?

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahaha the end of this video just ruined the ttuner midpipe for me

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the info guys I'll check out mjs and the m4 midpipe, I just hate the two bros slip on that came on my bike (it rattles above 10000 rpm) and i wanna get rid of the cat... yeah I'm not sure about the 05 mod, I'm in the middle of painting my bike myself right now and adding more custom stuff is kind of unattractive you know, i'd rather buy something i know will fit. I already have a bazzaz fuel map programmer, 520 conversion thats al i have for performance, other than that i got a fender eliminator, fushmounts, morimoto projectors on the way, lots of other stuff comin too

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya that price is definitely unbeatable, I theres so many options but at least i have all winter to decide

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Most muffler shops will trim and weld a pipe on for you. You never have to do anything other than mark where to cut and then install

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That sounds great, thanks for all the info

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh cool thanks, i haven't really looked at those much but i'm not in a hurry to buy, i have all winter to get one

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
Oh cool thanks, i haven't really looked at those much but i'm not in a hurry to buy, i have all winter to get one
Well when you're ready let us know, we are in the Loveland/Ft Collins area, so just give us a call if you want to come look at something.

303-717-3451

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks yeah i live in parker so thats only an hour and a half away, i'll definitely come check it out sometime, i gotta refill my wallet first lol, i would pickup that leo in a heartbeat if it werent for that

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
Thanks yeah i live in parker so thats only an hour and a half away, i'll definitely come check it out sometime, i gotta refill my wallet first lol, i would pickup that leo in a heartbeat if it werent for that
Nice, thats not too bad. Just call before you head up so I can tell you if we have whatever you may be after in stock or not.

303-717-3451

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
olson IMHO. Video on my Signature :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
The TTuner is the best midpipe hnds down. I actually ride with about 20 other YZF R6's from the 06's to the 2010's majority of them have TTuners. Some with the MJS "race header" which is actually your stock exhaust with a slash cut y pipe. Which you cn actually make for about 6.00 in tube. The only problem with doing the 05 header mod is the diameter of the tube used throughout the header is smaller. The 2 stupidest things you cn do with you can do with your exhaust. 1. chop the honeycomb out of youe stock exhaust so large debris can be sucked back into your motor. 2. dropping tube diameter from the start of your exhaust. These are mods if you want to call them that, coming from people who have no idea what there doing. Just because you can make some tube line up doesnt mean its safe for your bike. You also have to be a complete idiot to buy your stock header back from MJS with a poor designed midpipe on it. My buddies thought for some reason when they bought theres it was actually going to be a new full system. Atleast Polaris endorses TTuner products, you know they are legit if one of the largest distributors on the planet sells them.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts