Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have Dyno results while running the Olson Performance Y-Pipe and a PC III or V with slip on(whatever brand)? I really would like to know the difference, as it is crucial to making a decision. I know they both sound great but performance is the featured upgrade when it comes to exhaust, not just sound IMO. Looked all over for this and still haven't found it. I would think that company's selling an exhaust would provide this info as a selling point but doesn't seem to be the case. Thanks in advance.

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK now that we have that established..... It is still something that I would like to know before making a decision about something that I am putting on my bike. Not racing does not equal, does not care about or have an opinion about what goes on my bike. Also not racing now does not equal, not racing later. Your bike with your infinite racing experience is also faster than you my friend, so why don't you take all the mods off untill you get better? Anyone happen to have this info?:)

·
A.G.C.
329 Posts
Who said I have anything done to my bike?

Even if you were to be "racing" you still wouldn't be able to push the bike to its limits enough to justify a full system.

Another thing, if you're looking at Olson performance as a viable alternative to an exhaust, then I'm sure you haven't done the research on how expensive racing can be.......You should worry about being fast first.....

·
Just a dumb racer..
792 Posts
OK now that we have that established..... It is still something that I would like to know before making a decision about something that I am putting on my bike. Not racing does not equal, does not care about or have an opinion about what goes on my bike. Also not racing now does not equal, not racing later. Your bike with your infinite racing experience is also faster than you my friend, so why don't you take all the mods off untill you get better? Anyone happen to have this info?:)
Everyone else has the mods, you'd have to be a moron to try to ride the bike in stock trim when everyone else is on supersports.

And FYI buddy, I see what you're saying, but for the last 12 months do you know what my bike had in the way of "go faster" mods?

Gearing, and a slip on. And even then the slipon was there to save weight, not to get more power. Superstock, all I was running was a light bike with trick suspension.

And you bet I couldn't run the same times on stock suspension. Any more questions?

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everyone else has the mods, you'd have to be a moron to try to ride the bike in stock trim when everyone else is on supersports.

And FYI buddy, I see what you're saying, but for the last 12 months do you know what my bike had in the way of "go faster" mods?

Gearing, and a slip on. And even then the slipon was there to save weight, not to get more power. Superstock, all I was running was a light bike with trick suspension.

And you bet I couldn't run the same times on stock suspension.
Any more questions?
What?

Just the original one.

·
Just a dumb racer..
792 Posts
Which was? Why don't I take all the mods off until I can keep up with my bike?

OK, I'll take out the ohlins internals and drop an oem shock back in. And if I try to run my times on it, I'll crash. What's your point?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
From what I am gathering here, nobody has these dyno results that you want. All you need to know is that if you ever plan on racing your bike in the future then its in your best interest to get a full system instead of a Y pipe. Full systems are lighter and freer flowing and are specially tuned to deliver power to drops in your stock powerband. Y pipes dont replace the honeycomb in your stock header (which adds weight) and only exist to enhance the sound of the bike without breaking the bank. I hope that answer is acceptable to you.

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Which was? Why don't I take all the mods off until I can keep up with my bike?

OK, I'll take out the ohlins internals and drop an oem shock back in. And if I try to run my times on it, I'll crash. What's your point?
No, No the exhaust question. Originally this had nothing to do with your opinion on what I should do to my bike or what research I should do or what is on your bike.

·
Banned
3,295 Posts
:laugh

I like you Rich....
:****

From what I am gathering here, nobody has these dyno results that you want. All you need to know is that if you ever plan on racing your bike in the future then its in your best interest to get a full system instead of a Y pipe. Full systems are lighter and freer flowing and are specially tuned to deliver power to drops in your stock powerband. Y pipes dont replace the honeycomb in your stock header (which adds weight) and only exist to enhance the sound of the bike without breaking the bank. I hope that answer is acceptable to you.
this.

No, No the exhaust question. Originally this had nothing to do with your opinion on what I should do to my bike or what research I should do or what is on your bike.
:lmao

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Yeah I understood all this and what the others are saying before asking the question. I just wanted to see the comparison dyno to dyno and have not been able to find it.

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
Yeah I understood all this and what the others are saying before asking the question. I just wanted to see the comparison dyno to dyno and have not been able to find it.
bro , just look up the closest dyno you can find
look up dyno charts for a full yoshi, or akra
and just subtract 5 or 10.. what ever makes you feel better

and you will get more performance gains from a full rather than just a y-pipe
get a y pipe and it might increase your HP from 5-7
i have mjs headers, and t gave me +7hp so , take that into context...

but if your look or something that will go 0-60 in "holy fcuk" :eek5than do the 520 conversion.. chances are no one is going to pull dyno charts and comparisons out of there aass on here :lmao

1 - 20 of 44 Posts