Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Do Work!
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quantum II arai and I recently changed the shield to a chrome. I know that I'm going to be out all night tomorrow so I figured I change the shield back to the clear/regular one. I CAN'T get the stupid shield back on and now I took the pods off the sides and can't get it on when the shield is connected.

Thinking about a shoei....

·
Toys are expensive
240 Posts
that is one of the two downfalls to the arai, that and the cheap paint.

·
<ZZZZZZZZ#``` lets smoke
1,094 Posts
yeah i'm having the same problem with my Arai helmet.. But I have found a way tyo put mine in.. You just have to be nice with it.. lol..

·
Do Work!
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
well it all started when one of the pods was cracked. I don't know how it cracked but I just noticed the other side has a small crack. Well long story short the left pod flew off and hit me in the shoulder as i was riding (thought I hit a bird). I check my right lane and all of a sudden the shield is swinging in the wind, so only the right side of the shield is together. So this is why I'm messing with this thing...but I think i got it.

·
I have short legs :(
98 Posts

·
No more side boob for you
1,136 Posts
Its not bad, i had that same one for about 8 months till i went down with it. the fit was ok for me. I have the Scorpion EXO-1000 now, same concept but over all imho the EXO-1000 is way better. thats just me.

**EDIT**

You can find this cheaper else where, but these guys break everything down and explain everything through video. very informational bike gear site. Just scroll to the bottom of the linked site.

EXO-1000

·
Registered
134 Posts
Gotta have touch... haha

I have the same helmet. I couldnt't get it at first and it frustrated the hell outa me and now I can do it on the spot.

...if at first you don't succeed try...try... again.

There are also youtube vids of "how to's" that show you little tips and tricks.

·
Do Work!
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea the youtube vids helped me out lastnight. I just needed some practice.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
its tricky until you get used to taken them on and off. its rare i need to change mine, and i just ask the guy at the counter at the bike shop to do it. its much easier that way.

·
i follow the speed limit
149 Posts
i have a Z-II shoei, taking the shield takes whopping 2 seconds :)

good luck with whatever you do mang

·
Registered
394 Posts
Make sure you use a drop of silicon and apply with your finger on each side of the face shield when inserting it in. It helps quite a lot actually. A little lube helps you push it in further...

·
Do Work!
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Make sure you use a drop of silicon and apply with your finger on each side of the face shield when inserting it in. It helps quite a lot actually. A little lube helps you push it in further...
:lmao Thats what she said.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey...it's true!!!

:hump

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
wow that sucks. go with a shoei next time. i get my visors on and off within 15 seconds for both, no joke. they're awesome :yes

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Shoei is easy as hell....I can change them out with the helmet on....BUT...I love the cover and graphics that go over on the Arai...I just had to practice a bit...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts