Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4:50 am, friend is knocking on my door yelling "Dude wake up, our bikes just got stolen"

Around 4:40 am a black Ford Expodishion "SP" was seen loading up his bike. Mine has already been taken. Mine was an 01 Blue R6. 4000 mines. Near mint condition. His was a 98 dark purple zx7R. Mine was taken first then they came back a second time and got his. All withen a few minutes. On the second trip they knocked over his bike and 2 people looked out and saw them load it up and take off. 1 knew my friends apartment number and went to tell him.

Don't really know what to say except. I HATE HOUSTON AND BIKE THIEFS. :throwup

I'm 19, payed for the bike myself, only have liability insurance... I was thinking I should get an alarm but I supposedly live in a good area "if there is such a thing in Houston" and I just spent alot of money getting parts for it. I have a full exhaust system sitting in my room and I'm still waiting for some others to come in.

I've been a member of this sight for awhile but I moved and bought a new computer....lost my username and password.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, no LP number. The guys that saw it happen heard them drop my friends bike while trying to load it and looked out to see them loading it up and driving away. He said he couldn't read it from where he was and there was no time to run outside.

I live in a big apartment complex. My friend and I both park out bikes together right outside in the middle of the apartments. I rent a "covered parking" spot and we share it. I moved here for school and the bike was my primary mode of transportation. I ride all winter in Houston.

We were thinking at first that they must live close. They were just backing the suv up to the bikes, 2 guys jump out and pick the bike up and lay it in the back then take off. "big guys" We rode around for about 2 hours looking but we got to thinking...they could have just had another truck waiting close by.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your loss :cuss
Some people just don't have the consideration! :comp

Try asking around people in your complex and maybe a few have seen
anything.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Man that sucks soooo bad. Sorry that this happened. Inconsiderate, lazy pricks out there I tell you. Don't worry, they will get what they deserve. What goes around comes around.

·
Registered
40 Posts
sorry to hear this man. i live here in houston for school as well. the bikes u just describe are the exact same kind that a couple of guys at my school have. do u happen to go to UTI? if so i'm the guy the black r6

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, Yeah, UTI. Thats us. I'm not sure if we are going to tell anyone from school because we both think it might have been someone from school. It seems that they had it planned pretty well and both of us only ride our bikes to school and back every day. I know I was told another guy from school had his bike stolen from someone at UTI and they recovered it.

Neither of us really know what to do right now but we are hopping someone will run their mouth about it at school.

·
Registered
40 Posts
most likely is someone from school. since they know what times u r at school and at home and are sleep. i'll let u know if i hear anything about it. damn this sucks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that one of the guys that saw it happen said the "tall guy" kept looking at the apartment where the guy with the zx7 live's. So it wasn't just random.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I hate to see this. Yet every year I read post after post about guys getting their bikes stolen. Guys, at a minimum you need to get a lock for your bike. Alarm systems are a good idea too. I just picked up a new line of alarms if you are interested.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear that man. I want to get GPS tracking really bad for my bike. I would rather have that before I get an alarm. Who knows, if some day it happens to a guy with GPS, then a whole lot of people may get their bikes back.

·
Registered
784 Posts
My bike got kicked over in a mall parking lot about 2 years ago, then the next day in the same parking lot, two cars and another motorcycle were stolen. Ever since then, it's been hard for me to leave it in a parking lot unattended. I park my bike in the house now, I am fortunate enough to be on the bottom floor. I've gotten several warnings for parking my bike on the striped lines up close to store entrances. The funny part is usually there are 5-6 others bikes there with mine! I hope your bike turns up.

·
Registered
281 Posts
that bites. sorry bro. but its a good reason to carry full coverage on your bizzike. someting to think about, though i know its a bit late for that....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I priced an alarm for my bike before I ever brought it here but I never "got around" to getting it installed. It would have deffently saved both our bikes.

Hammy. If I can ever afford another bike I'll sure keep you in mind for the exhaust and alarm. The exhaust I ordered from you last week looks great...sitting here beside me. Sadly I have no use for it now. I'm not sure if you have read my other post. I emailed you Thursday night, ordered it Friday and recieved it Tuesday. Thats the best service I've ever gotten. I will deffently be recommending you to everyone looking for exhaust/alarms.

As if getting my bike stolen wasn't enough. While I was riding around looking for it my heater stopped working and now my truck is overheating. Heatercore :( Not long ago the power steering went out. "Still haven't fixed that either"

·
Yellow Monte
882 Posts
Man that sucks, sorry to hear about your bike. People like that I think piss everyone off. I hope your bike turns up and you find out who took them. They may just need a little lesson if you catch my drift. :gas No pun intended.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
man that really sucks. when i lived in apartments i was always afraid of just that thing happening. or at the least some dumass coming by and knocking it over. sorry for your loss man.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts