Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought an 08 in blue yesterday morning with zero miles right off the show room floor. I left the dealership at 930 and went straight over to my insurance to get her insured. I then went to my buddys around noon to get them to ride with me. They have an 05 raven and 06 blue. We were on our way to go get either race rails or frame sliders for my new ride. Here's the fun part... We were three wide in front at a red light and the light turns green and my friends take off then the guy behind us does too and I'm still standing there getting ready to go when the guy behind us hits me and runs over my foot. I got him to pull over and this guy was delusional saying I hit him. Then saying I split lanes and came out of nowhere. The evidence is obvious he hit me. And he was driving on a suspended license. All this happened at 115 less then 4 hours after I bought my bike. I'm so pisseeedddd. Lucky me I didn't break any bones or drop my bike. But now I can't ride with a busted rearset and a swollen foot. :curse: I just hope it end up working out.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
no where the EFF is a cop when you need one..?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Ok so I bought an 08 in blue yesterday morning with zero miles right off the show room floor. I left the dealership at 930 and went straight over to my insurance to get her insured. I then went to my buddys around noon to get them to ride with me. They have an 05 raven and 06 blue. We were on our way to go get either race rails or frame sliders for my new ride. Here's the fun part... We were three wide in front at a red light and the light turns green and my friends take off then the guy behind us does too and I'm still standing there getting ready to go when the guy behind us hits me and runs over my foot. I got him to pull over and this guy was delusional saying I hit him. Then saying I split lanes and came out of nowhere. The evidence is obvious he hit me. And he was driving on a suspended license. All this happened at 115 less then 4 hours after I bought my bike. I'm so pisseeedddd. Lucky me I didn't break any bones or drop my bike. But now I can't ride with a busted rearset and a swollen foot. :curse: I just hope it end up working out.
WTF? Dude I hope you fix his ass in court, that's ridiculous...:jacked

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i called the cops and they only gave him a ticket for having a suspended license. i wanted them to tow his a$$. ill get some pictures up later today of my bike. its not all that bad. i lost some work since i was in the hospital. i made a big scene haha 3 cop cars fire truck and paramedics. im just glad i decided to get insurance right after i got the bike instead of waiting. i just want to ride and now i cant. i r sadface. haha ohhh and he told me to eat shit and die in front of my friends and the federalies.

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
i called the cops and they only gave him a ticket for having a suspended license. i wanted them to tow his a$$. ill get some pictures up later today of my bike. its not all that bad. i lost some work since i was in the hospital. i made a big scene haha 3 cop cars fire truck and paramedics. im just glad i decided to get insurance right after i got the bike instead of waiting. i just want to ride and now i cant. i r sadface. haha ohhh and he told me to eat shit and die in front of my friends and the federalies.
with it on file im sure you could take him to court and get something if anything new rearsets maybe some other money for other mods

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
LOL he's an idiot...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah hopefully new rearsets. And there are a few small scratches on a fairings and idk the name of it but a black piece above the mids. Then if they replace them since it was new and in perfect condition I can sell the old ones =]

·
Registered
30 Posts
That sucks man, but at least this didnt happen in between the dealer and the insurance place cause that would really have sucked.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah im so glad i decided to go get the insurance right away i was thinking about waiting. here is some pics.

Attachments

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
In Ontario where im at, Cops wont show unless theres an injury or $500+ worth of damage. And that stock rearset is maybe $70. This scenario happened to me as well! Dont think your alone on this lol Accept mine was with a lady friend behind me. Stupid women drivers lol I got a nice gash on my leg from it too..an i think it cost her $70 for the new rear set.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dayumm. That sucks. Are you alright now? I keep calling my insurance and my policy isn't in their computers yet. And I know the other guy isn't going to report it since his car was fine. Cause his bumper hit me in the back of the leg and his tire hit my rearset before it ran my foot over... Oh quick question too how many miles is the break in period? And at how many rpms. The salesman was no help at all. He's just lucky the r6 sells themselves.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
should be in your owners manual. mine (r6s though) was like 7000rpm for the first 600 miles, 9000rpm for 1000 miles then game on. oil change at 600 miles.

i did a couple WOT's on the way home from the dealership, and at 600 miles after i changed the oil i called it good and went out on a long ride (100+mph most of the time and on twisties).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it was on the ground I think I just started letting the clutch out unless I was moving from the car hitting me. It's been a very painful experience both physically and emotionally. =[

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where I live if you have an existing insurance policy and you buy a new vehicle of the same type (bike to bike or car to car) you don't have to go right away and get insurance. You have like 10 days to do so.

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
talk about lucky for no other damage!!!

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
That doesnt make since - If your license is suspended his car should have been towed.. At least here in Texas and they should have done accident report and checked both of you for insurance... Thats how it works here @ least.... Hope you got the officiers name.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
stupid people are everywhere almost got hit the other day as well except the guy was taking a left hand turn when my light was green locked up my rear tire on that one

1 - 20 of 20 Posts