Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gettin there
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just received my new integrated tail light from McCoy today and was looking to get a few more pointers before i really dove into it. I searched for some info but didnt come up with much.
Is the best way to open up the tail light on my 01 just dremeling around the edge slowly and lightly? Is there any tricks that i should know about? And little hints for me?
And when im sealing everything back up what should i use? It says hot glue or something else. I would think that hot glue would be just too messy and might look like crap.
Any hints or info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Most people don't like going thru the trouble of opening the light up and replacing the board to get integrated signals. Most people just buy the entire light unit with the signals already integrated so that all you have to do is unplug and remove the OEM tail light and put the new one in its place. I don't know anybody who has bought the type you are refering to, but good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
***Not sure about this particular light***

But, on headlights and other tails we have always baked them in an oven at VERY low temps for about 10 minutes. This heats the glue throughout and makes it easy to open.

Again ***Not sure about this particular light***

·
Veteran Squid
37 Posts
Stick it in the oven at 225, i stuck my taillight in there for 10 mins, pry off slowly, stick back in oven and repeat process, I think it was in there for a total of 45mins... use wax paper between light and sheet pan.. otherwise it will stick...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts