Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i did do a quick search for this but came up with nothing.. and plus i got really bad sun burn yesterday so i am being lazy. anyways my question is wen the air temp is around 70-80 degrees out wat should my bike normally run in engine temp? i took a short ride the other day and it was around 168-170 driving 55-60 mph

·
GONE RIDING ONCE AGAIN
398 Posts
thats about what mine runs and it will go up in stop and go traffic 180 -190 but drops down i start going again..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea.. if i ride through town .. takes about a lil over 5 min to get through itll heat up to about 210. but thats all red lights for a few miles every block.. thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
My bike got up to 190 today but no fan when does the fan normally kick on I did unhook the fan THERMO SWITCH and jumpered it and the fan came on so
i no it works just not sure when it should kick on

Thanks Mark

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it was about 95-100 degrees this weekend... my bike ran about 180-183 at cruising speed. and my fan doesn't kick on till I'm in stopped traffic and it gets to about 214 degrees.

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
If your running around town your temp should stay right under the point when the fan kicks on. 167-170 is normal temperatures running at highway speeds.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
yea, nothing out of the ordinary with those numbers, sounds like your coolant system is doing its job

1 - 8 of 8 Posts