Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buyin a R6 in December, and don't wanna use my old HJC (from my '98 600R), I was lookin at the Shoei TZ-1. I found it for $287 with shipping. That seems like a good price, and a good helmet. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I need it to match a Blue R6.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Does it have to match? get something thats on sale and has a good reputation... My helmet (KBC silver VR-1 Euro) doesn't match... I'm gonna get another one soon probably.. and just keep that helmet for the pillon

I was thinking of a Suomy Spec-1R or whatever they're called, but I think I may go for something else that isn't as noisy as my KBC or as $$$ as the Spec-1

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, the way I am it has to match, haha. I don't mind the price of the Shoei, I just wanna make sure it's pretty good for the money.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
all i can say the best helmet is the one that fits snug and comfortable. i hope you tried on that type of helmet and knows how the fit and feel of the helmet.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a blue 2004 R6 and I just bought a Shoei X-Eleven Ukawa 2 TC-2. It's expensive but I like it alot. I think it matches the bike well too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
all i can say the best helmet is the one that fits snug and comfortable. i hope you tried on that type of helmet and knows how the fit and feel of the helmet.
what he said, but let me add;
different brands, have different shapes......

I liked a Shoei, but I could never get them to fit comftorbly, tried on an Arai, fit oh so comftorble, and knew that I'd halfto save a little longer to get it, don't sacrifice anything when it comes to choosing comftorbility and safety.

good luck
And wear the helmet your thinking about for about 10 minutes in the shop, to make sure they're are no pressure points, that would suck to realize your helmet doesn't fit right the next day when your on a long ride :cuss

FYI: Arai has a few differnt head shapes you should try on before making a final decision, like signet, quantum, and another.....And go as small as possible without any pain, Arai helmets break in more then any other

1 - 6 of 6 Posts