Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your general opinion on Bike Nights?

Likes/Dislikes...

Where do you think the best locations for bike nights are? (by coffee shops/fast food/restaurant/etc..)

Why do you go to bike nights?

How often would you attend a local bike night?

I'm thinking of starting one up in Chico. Just trying to get some opinions on them.

·
Respect Krew
3,951 Posts
What's your general opinion on Bike Nights?

Likes/Dislikes...

Where do you think the best locations for bike nights are? (by coffee shops/fast food/restaurant/etc..)

Why do you go to bike nights?

How often would you attend a local bike night?

I'm thinking of starting one up in Chico. Just trying to get some opinions on them.
I've attended MANY bike nights. Any where from resturaunts/bars to just meeting up in a parking lot. I went for a different reason than most but still had fun at a lot of them. We have regular ones that change location every week. I'll usually hangout for a while and then lead a ride afterwards up into some twisties or to a local hangout. I attended at least 1-2 bike nights a week this summer. They can be cool if you get the right location and have enough parking where everyone can chill together.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
The are meh most of the time.... depends on the demographic of the group....

·
off roadin' GARDEN SLAYA!
904 Posts
I've been to a few but mostly stick to monthly ones rather than weekly ones. The monthly meets tend to draw a larger, more diverse crowd. That and some of the weekly ones I've been to meet at bars and were just a bunch of Harleys. :nono

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
We have one in Raleigh every Thursday. We mee up at the state fair parking lot them ride to a restaurant then go out for a couple beers after dinner.

I used to try to go every week, but now only go like once a month if that because I'm pretty busy.

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan to make this one a Monthly meet. There used to be a bike night in Chico that met every week but quickly faded out. I'm guessing it was mostly because they had them so often and people get burnt out.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
I have been to a few bike nights, but I am kind of a loner so the scene doesn't do much for me.

I usually go for the discounts on the food :lmao

But I always leave before everyone else does, to avoid the drama (crowd and the cops)

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I have been to a few bike nights, but I am kind of a loner so the scene doesn't do much for me.

I usually go for the discounts on the food :lmao

But I always leave before everyone else does, to avoid the drama (crowd and the cops)
Avoiding the drama is easy.... just drive your car. That, and you can get WASTED at dinner...and drive home without fear of incarceration, as all the illegal bikes will be getting ALL of the attention... but do everyone a favor and get yourself a DD.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Avoiding the drama is easy.... just drive your car. That, and you can get WASTED at dinner...and drive home without fear of incarceration, as all the illegal bikes will be getting ALL of the attention... but do everyone a favor and get yourself a DD.
I rarely drink in public and when I do I always have a DD.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
I dont go to them...They are not my type of people to hang out with, Mostly Mowhawk wearing douchers (Around here, or Steetfighterz wannbes).....Plus I live about an hour away from any bike night so I never feel up to the drive there and drive back....I would never take my bike.

·
Squid Killin' Pirate
899 Posts
1. Same location every time or everyone will not know where to go.... at least to start out with.

2. If you don't meet every week, make sure everyone knows which week you're meeting during the month - there are always the ones who show up on the wring night.

3. Restaurant is best - get discounts on food or beverages (sodas and tea only!) for people who come on a bike.

4. Try your best not to allow the restaurant to promote alcohol consumption and/or specials on drinks specifically for bikers.

5. Get a local dealership in on the event and do a small giveaway.

6. Call the local radio station! They sometimes will come out for free with their mobile broadcast vans and stuff.

7. Attempt to get "bike only" parking in a section of the parking lot - much appreciated!

Those are the lessons I have learned.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
I'll go to meet up with some friends and BS or just be a little social. Though have to agree with Tommy usually there are numerous people I would rather not associate with. Now are you just talking about the bike night activities or the group rides as well. Because the chilling part of bike night is alright, I just always leave before the group ride or rides start. That's where the main down fall to bike nights and the group rides comes into play. It can be sumed up into three words; too many squids.

·
Respect Krew
3,951 Posts
1. Same location every time or everyone will not know where to go.... at least to start out with.

2. If you don't meet every week, make sure everyone knows which week you're meeting during the month - there are always the ones who show up on the wring night.

3. Restaurant is best - get discounts on food or beverages (sodas and tea only!) for people who come on a bike.

4. Try your best not to allow the restaurant to promote alcohol consumption and/or specials on drinks specifically for bikers.

5. Get a local dealership in on the event and do a small giveaway.

6. Call the local radio station! They sometimes will come out for free with their mobile broadcast vans and stuff.

7. Attempt to get "bike only" parking in a section of the parking lot - much appreciated!

Those are the lessons I have learned.
All of these, except I will add. Do it at a quick joint where folks can get in and out for food quickly. Not everyone wants to sit down for a long meal and leave their bike. A lot of people never even come inside. They will show up outside, BS for a bit and take off.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
All of these, except I will add. Do it at a quick joint where folks can get in and out for food quickly. Not everyone wants to sit down for a long meal and leave their bike. A lot of people never even come inside. They will show up outside, BS for a bit and take off.
Are you gonna be running an engine flush station at the next one? :poke

I goto 1-2 bike nights a week. It gives me something to do. I see the same bikes there every week. I don't really talk to too many people. It's just a destination and something to look forward to. I like to bring my girl sometimes. That way she still feels somewhat involved.

The one I like the most is at an food place with the girls on roller skates, etc.. They have a burger and dog tent so you don't have to go inside, etc.. I stop and eat, then walk around.. They have a DJ.

It's mostly older wealthy harley dudes, but whatever. It's just nice to be somewhere lookin at bikes and whatnot

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
i go mostly to hang out with the bros...its winter time so there all pretty dead! but during the summer/spring when its 80 degree nights its actually a lot of fun over 200 bikes most of the time. i like the ones that are at bars and food joints. most of the time it gives me something to do and catch up with old friends sometimes i take my girl but then most of the time i dont..lol

·
Respect Krew
3,951 Posts
Are you gonna be running an engine flush station at the next one? :poke

I goto 1-2 bike nights a week. It gives me something to do. I see the same bikes there every week. I don't really talk to too many people. It's just a destination and something to look forward to. I like to bring my girl sometimes. That way she still feels somewhat involved.

The one I like the most is at an food place with the girls on roller skates, etc.. They have a burger and dog tent so you don't have to go inside, etc.. I stop and eat, then walk around.. They have a DJ.

It's mostly older wealthy harley dudes, but whatever. It's just nice to be somewhere lookin at bikes and whatnot

Haha absolutely. Spread my experience with the common folk :lmao

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
I don't even know of any bike nights here in Indiana other than Harley ones

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Our bike night is BAD ASS! :YEA

in case any of you were wondering how it went. Because I know you were. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
haha bringing back the old threads. quaker steak and lube bike night by me gets pretty full sometimes. the parking lot will get 100% full, and that is the overflow lot, not counting the main parking around the building itself with rows of bikes. not bad for something 10 mins away. id say an even mix of sport bikes and cruisers. along with vendors and dealers weekly.

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah ours isn't that big. Lol
We average about 30 bikes every bike night. 99% sport bikes. Which is pretty good for Chico.

I'm just stoked it's been going for over a year and hasn't let up. We've got some cool folks that show up. None of which are disrespectful punks that you'd normally see at big bike nights.

Hell, I'm probably the biggest squid there. :laugh

1 - 20 of 33 Posts