Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so I finally had a chance to even ride my bike so much has changed it's like a whole new bike, the suspension needs some tuning now that Ive had the chance to ride it. First order is getting the sag spot on as possible. My current setup is:

front- .95 springs with ohlins 20mm kit and spacers removed. - this setup allows me to get really close to what I need as Im in the range for sure. right now it's at 30mm. one ring showing "stock".

rear is an ohlins ttx GP - sag is 28mm.

this seems strange - should I be going for an exact same like 30/30 or 35/35? I see all these 25mm-30mm range posts about sag. Well that's a big change if the front is 30 and rear is 25. What is optimal for an r6 if you can actually set the sag correctly?

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you're comfortable with how the sag is set in the rear then I wouldn't worry about it; you're within range of where you want it. It might be a little soft so if you feel it has some un-wanted movement under acceleration or mid-corner when you apply the throttle then it might be beneficial to get it closer to 25mm or so. However, other dampening factors, geometry, or weight bias could be causing those issues as well and it can be a balancing act. You generally want the rear to be around 25mm or less than the front because it has to support the weight of your torso and the loads of acceleration. Too soft can cause understeering issues out of corner exits and bottoming out. The front is generally softer to keep the front wheel in contact with the pavement under acceleration but not too soft as to make the front forks dive excessively under braking.

What issues, if any, are you experiencing with your bike now? Do you feel some corners it works great and others it doesn't perform as well?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts