Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I ordered me a set of the 50W dual HID's yesterday for my bike. I ordered them with the gold bulbs and all to go with my Anniversary Edition bike. I can't wait to get them in, and I hear good things from some of you that ordered them as well. If anyone has a heads up or anything I need to know when I install them, by all means just let me know! Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Ride and Die
9 Posts
I am seriously contemplating buying the duals for my 01...i just purchased Purple H4 Xenon HID Headlight Bulbs from an ebay store. I really wanted a dark purple, however, unfortunately they seem rather pinkish. Does anyone know what (K)elvin temp. the headlights can take. the Lite eyes kits say 12,000K for the purple. Is this too hot for stock headlight plastic and wiring?

Hey guys, I ordered me a set of the 50W dual HID's yesterday for my bike. I ordered them with the gold bulbs and all to go with my Anniversary Edition bike. I can't wait to get them in, and I hear good things from some of you that ordered them as well. If anyone has a heads up or anything I need to know when I install them, by all means just let me know! Thanks in advance for any help!

If possible, can you post pics of your install?? and the end result?

·
Sho'Nuff
142 Posts
I am seriously contemplating buying the duals for my 01...i just purchased Purple H4 Xenon HID Headlight Bulbs from an ebay store. I really wanted a dark purple, however, unfortunately they seem rather pinkish. Does anyone know what (K)elvin temp. the headlights can take. the Lite eyes kits say 12,000K for the purple. Is this too hot for stock headlight plastic and wiring?
It's not really a matter of being too hot for the headlight, but rather the light output will be trash. The higher the Kelvin, the lower the light output.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts