Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
09 r6 team blue
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is not allowed please delete.

i just wanted to start this so that orlando and surrounding areas have a place to ask for parts, list parts that they have dont need.. or know where to get.. LOCAL. trying to save on gas and google time. thanks in advance everyone.:popcorn:

·
Two wheelin fun
180 Posts
Cycle Performance Center
* (407) 851-2570
203 E Oak Ridge Rd, Orlando, FL 32809

Cycle Gear
* (407) 299-0089
5032 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32803

Central Florida Powersports
* (407) 705-3682
2575 N Orange Blossom Trl, Kissimmee, FL 3474

Cycle Pro
* (407) 277-5557
6923 Narcoossee Rd, Unit 617, Orlando, FL 32822

Cycle One Motorsports
* (407) 292-5366
37 N Orange Blossom Trl, Orlando, FL 32805

Orlando Yamaha Kawasaki
* (407) 494-4980
9334 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32817

CFM CYCLES
* (407) 697-2022
9917 S Orange Ave, #Tr, Orlando, FL 3282

I'm sure there's more but here's a basic list.
Do a yahoo search for motorcycle shop 32812 or whatever your zip code is.
:toocool:

·
My "6" is like super size
479 Posts
Seminole Powersports is good but expensive. I recommend Orlando Yamaha Kawasaki. See previous post for info. ;)

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
anyone know where to get good quality hids installed at a fair price?
I would go with Kryptonbulbs on here, then again if getting them for the R6 I'd go all the way with his projector kits like I have on mine.

Avoid DDM tuning though, they were the first I went with and even though mine were fine, I've heard horror stories about how service sucks, sometimes it's on backorder and they don't tell you etc.

·
Registered
673 Posts
mike, when did your graduate from edgewater? i did in 2004

·
Braaaaapp Ride till I die
1,081 Posts
anyone know where to get good quality hids installed at a fair price?
:yuk: i wouldnt go with the HID kits and all that. friend i kno said they ended up killen the battery...:thumbdown Note: if your wanting to go projectors im not hatin:lmao i just went with some HIDs i found on EBAY for about 10 bucks shipped there 5000k h7 lights. they installed in a less then 2 minutes just plug them right in yourself.i just have to get a new light for the 3rd eye but i might just take it out and paint it black.This was my cheap way of better lookin and BRIGHTER headlights.Heres the link i bought mine from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-Yamaha-YZF-R6-R6S-03-04-05-06-07-08-09-10-HID-bulbs-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c595717e1QQitemZ190477440993QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2142wt_1165

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
:yuk: i wouldnt go with the HID kits and all that. friend i kno said they ended up killen the battery...:thumbdown Note: if your wanting to go projectors im not hatin:lmao i just went with some HIDs i found on EBAY for about 10 bucks shipped there 5000k h7 lights. they installed in a less then 2 minutes just plug them right in yourself.i just have to get a new light for the 3rd eye but i might just take it out and paint it black.This was my cheap way of better lookin and BRIGHTER headlights.Heres the link i bought mine from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-Yamaha-YZF-R6-R6S-03-04-05-06-07-08-09-10-HID-bulbs-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c595717e1QQitemZ190477440993QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2142wt_1165
Those just look like Halogen Superwhite Bulbs + Blue tint. I don't believe the H.i.Ds would kill the battery unless you leave it on while parked, because the stator is charging the battery.

·
1,081 Posts
Those just look like Halogen Superwhite Bulbs + Blue tint. I don't believe the H.i.Ds would kill the battery unless you leave it on while parked, because the stator is charging the battery.
Ya i just went with bulbs much easier and 100x better then the regular bulbs. and i agree with wat you said on the HIDS ive just heard ppl say they arent worth it and have cause electrical and voltage issues.. could be from the installer but just sayin

·
09 r6 team blue
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jonboyz i had the same results from silver star bulbs on a accord.. they looked exactly like the one you have.. i may just go with a bulb if i can find a set with a higher discharge. going for better visability not looks/color..

·
1,081 Posts
jonboyz i had the same results from silver star bulbs on a accord.. they looked exactly like the one you have.. i may just go with a bulb if i can find a set with a higher discharge. going for better visability not looks/color..
Ya i just didnt wanna get into all that electrical bs so i just went with bulbs. and my lights are def brighter then the stock bulbs for sure. i didnt only go for the look/color but for brightness too since i have bad eyesight and with my iridium shield on my helmet i can see perfectly at night. The color alone from the bulbs make everything around you POP kinda like when you wear Polarized glasses. like i said i paid 10 bucks spend 2 mins and got brighter better lookin lights. if you really want better visibility spend the money and time and go projectors..:thumbdown

·
carbon, carbon, carbon!!
861 Posts
hid's > halogen with blue tint.:fact

anyone saying otherwise is just plain :screwy

for hid's anything over 6000k is going for looks over performance as it is changing the color output.

·
1,081 Posts
Look at jon boy bashing hids on the first page. Lol
:lmao:lmao

hey technically i dont have them :sing

really i just wasnt up to date with the HID kits for BIKES now :fact why i went with just bulbs like the squid that I am!!:YEA

1 - 20 of 20 Posts