Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Candy Red K7 R6 (Preview Image)

So I've been riding a 2001 Suzuki SV650s for over 7 years now (got it when I was 18) and I'm now financially and mentally ready to add another bike to my garage. The bike you see linked above is what I'm pursuing.

I only hope that there's a dealer close by that has one in stock NEW here in Central Florida. Which leads me to my question:

How much should I push as far as what I'd be paying OTD for a stock Candy Red 2007 R6?

Besides the cost of the bike itself, I'd like to get an extended warranty that would cover things such as oil changes and scheduled maintenance (but not necessary as I'd like to become a DIYer to become more familiar with my bike). I have gear but my helmet's a bit outdated now and a bit smelly, lol, so I'd like to get a deal on brand new gear as well.

The number in my head is $7250 with a ceiling price of $7750 ($500 play) for JUST THE BIKE. I got to this number based off of research performed throughout various posts in this forum.

Those of you whom have experience with the warranty, parts discounts, etc please lend me your knowledge. I'd like to get the best deal I can out of this.

For the record I'll be paying cash.

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Hopefully there is still some 07 in stock, dealers want to get rid of the old inventory, dealers don't care where you get the money, if they won't give a low price ask for store credit or discounts on services. They still need to make money off in some way. Expect to spend a few hundred in warranty for the new ride. I went the eBay route, got my 07 from a dealer, the original owner only put 1400 miles on it but $2,500 in upgrade, mainly exhaust, it is blue, not my preferred color but for $6,000 was hard to pass up. The guy traded in for a quad from the same dealer he bought it from. I was looking for a while, bought in early fall(AUG) with the summer dealer will be asking for a higher price, winter is the best time to buy for good deals, spring is the worst. I got a hell of a deal, your results may vary. PM me if you have more questions, GL.

·
Work Hard, Play Harder!
211 Posts
Looks like your in the same boat as me. Looking for the same bike here in Ocala (and surrounding) with very little luck. Got a family friend with a Yamaha dealership here in town was down there yesterday talking to the owner. She found only 1 dealer in North Florida with 1 Candy Red left which she was going to have shipped down.

The best she could do for me was $9,600 OTD. She said that the bike itself wholesale to her was costing $8,200. I thought that was a little high, but I don't know?

I am looking to get out the door for no more than 9k and like you paying with cash.

Best of luck to both of us!

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Looks like your in the same boat as me. Looking for the same bike here in Ocala (and surrounding) with very little luck. Got a family friend with a Yamaha dealership here in town was down there yesterday talking to the owner. She found only 1 dealer in North Florida with 1 Candy Red left which she was going to have shipped down.

The best she could do for me was $9,600 OTD. She said that the bike itself wholesale to her was costing $8,200. I thought that was a little high, but I don't know?

I am looking to get out the door for no more than 9k and like you paying with cash.

Just don't be in a rush to buy, if you go into a dealership, looking to buy, the salesman will know it and won't compromise.

·
Work Hard, Play Harder!
211 Posts
i dont know how far you guys are from each other but im sure if you guys hooked up and got 2 bikes at once you would get a better deal
I went down there with a buddy looking for a new R1. He had bought his '04 R6 from them already.

Zii have you found anyone with any Candy Reds? If we pull all three of us together we can probably all get a good deal.

I've seen a couple on eBay new but with the shipping it probably wouldn't benefit us cost wise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Just don't be in a rush to buy, if you go into a dealership, looking to buy, the salesman will know it and won't compromise.
Try to make it seem like YOU are doing THEM a favor by taking the bike off their hands. If they've had that bike sitting in their lot for THIIIIS long, obviously they don't have very much traffic heading towards that section of their lot.

If they're not willing to drop a measly $600 for you, then they're only hurting themselves. In my opinion, however, $9K is still WAAAAY too much for a K7.

In a few more months K9s are going to be heading their way thus dropping the price for a K8. That's my plan B if the K7 doesn't pan out. I'd then simply have to paint her to the Candy Red color I want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Zii have you found anyone with any Candy Reds? If we pull all three of us together we can probably all get a good deal.

I've seen a couple on eBay new but with the shipping it probably wouldn't benefit us cost wise.
Ditto.

No, I haven't been able to find anything close by. That's why I've got a Plan B (^^ see my last post).

I'm going to do my best and not let my emotions get the best of me, lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hopefully there is still some 07 in stock, dealers want to get rid of the old inventory, dealers don't care where you get the money, if they won't give a low price ask for store credit or discounts on services. They still need to make money off in some way. Expect to spend a few hundred in warranty for the new ride. I went the eBay route, got my 07 from a dealer, the original owner only put 1400 miles on it but $2,500 in upgrade, mainly exhaust, it is blue, not my preferred color but for $6,000 was hard to pass up. The guy traded in for a quad from the same dealer he bought it from. I was looking for a while, bought in early fall(AUG) with the summer dealer will be asking for a higher price, winter is the best time to buy for good deals, spring is the worst. I got a hell of a deal, your results may vary. PM me if you have more questions, GL.
Thx for the tips. 6K's a steal...plus I'm sure the dealer TCOed the 1000 mile break-in service and what not. Good deal! Luuuuuckkyyyyy!!

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts

$8200 is dead on. however, dealers are willing to get thier '07s out for cheaper bc they still get a 3% kickback with every bike they sell from yamaha. as for $9600 OTD, that's BS. i just paid a little less than that for my '08. You should try to get her down another $1000, or just buy an '08 instead.

·
Work Hard, Play Harder!
211 Posts
Definatley not going to rush into anything. I've always been good at getting some deals on cars (my father-in-law is a dealer) and that tends to help. The problem that I am seing is that that local shop has no 07's left and only 4 08's left. They were going to have that Candy Red shipped in for me. I acted like I was doing them a favor and letting them make some money, and she genuinley said she didn't want to loose my business and reworked some numbers. That's when she said $9,600 down from $10,600 (which I laughed at).

I am thinking the bike itself should be around 8k and then I've got 6.5% tax on the first 5k and 6 flat on the remaining. 9k is my ceiling and would like to see it lower, but at the same time trying to be realistic and actually get a bike.

I was told the '09 will be at a show for the dealers in August and then show up in stores by Sept. I was hoping that they would want to get rid of any remaining '07's but it looks like most places already have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Holy sh*********t!! I almost bought a K8 Black on Black 1000 Gixxer :)love) today after stopping at a Suzuki/Yamaha dealer on my way home from work (what...they have integrated turn signals :toocool:). Long story short, I've wanted this bike for a long time now and every where I looked they were sold out.

For those not in to Gixxers, this is significant because this is the first year ever that a black on black Gixxer 1000 has been shipped to the states (late at that, March/April, and in limited quantities).

Anyway, after phoning every dealer within shouting distance to hear nothing but laughter at the other end of the line, I've decided to throw in the towel and call off my search.

I talked to a Yami dealer today and he said he'd hook me up with a custom painted K8 once the K9's (<--- ohhhh...nice year...I can hear it now: "My R6 rides me doggy style" :****) roll in. I think I'll do that...take a left over raven R6 and paint bits and pieces till I get "my bike". I won't pay anywhere near as much for a custom R6 as I would for a stock Gixxer 1000 anyway AND I'll have WAAAAAAY more fun riding the R6 by a long shot!!! (<--- that's what I'm telling myself)

So that's my story...

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
I got mine for 7650 otd with 3500 down. You should be around that price if you can find an 07.

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
Just the bike - under 8. I forget, but the dealership I bought mine from were clearancing 07 1000RR's for $8999 and 07 R6's were around $7899. Any dealership saying their wholesale is $8200 is flat-out lying and I wouldn't even do business there just for thinking you're that stupid....I couldn't trust them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Even though, I'm still sold on waiting for a custom painted '08, I actually got a call today asking if I was interested in an '07 Candy Red R6!!!!!!

He quoted $8500 +tax

I want the extended warranty (he said $620) and discount on accessories/gear so the number I'd like to counter back is:

$8750 OTD to take the bike off if his hands

Is that number realistic...I can bounce numbers all day but I just don't have time to during the day, the dealer lives a couple hundred miles away from me, and it's his last one...WTF!! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts