Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i was wondering if anyone has dealt with these people before? i live in rocklin ca so roseville yamaha is my closest dealer and highly discouraged me from getting a bikeat OTD, saying that their only purpose was to sell at the absolute cheapest price with poor customer service and no service department and tiny parts department. naturally i was a tad skeptical being in sales myself, and finding it tacky that they trashed the competition so much.

so i drove up to auburn to check the place out. i wasn't really greeted by any sales guy when i walked in so it didnt really spark much optimism nor was i after i was inspecting several bikes, a few r6's in particular. but i found that they had a larger than *tiny* parts department and was greeted with extremely helpful and kind sales people there. over all im not sure what to think. has anyone purchased their bikes from here? what was your experience? was the roseville yamaha sales guy just being tacky with the OTD bashing

and what about roseville yamaha? are they a good place to buy?

thanks for the input

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Bought my R6 from OTD in southern California. From what I saw they had the best prices around. Although they didnt offer any knowledge when I started asking them questions they had answers and seemed very happy to help. ANyways I was very happy with their service and I got a very good deal. If you dont want to deal with them you can probably get another dealership to match their price

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
there the lowest price that i've found....If your to lazy to drive up to auburn, get a price qoute from them and take it to Cory Call @ folsom cycle, they'll match that price:fact

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im a penny pincher ill drive almost anywhere. and i did drive to auburn and would again. to save a few bucks, however with me driving a 02 cherokee v8 close is better.

so no bad storys rite on! and yeah someone was telling me about that dealership in folsom saying they will match OTD anyone know of a place cheaper??? :YEA

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have had friends buy from OTD and MDK Motorsports (used to be Folsom Cycle Center) and have had great experiences. OTD is cheap but get their price in writing take it to MDK in Folsom. MDK sales people are nice and upfront.

I had 1 friend buy from Roseville and hated the experience. Guess they "told" him he was getting stuff that he didn't. Other than that I have never heard anything bad about Roseville.

I bought my bike in the bay area. No one could beat the price I picked my bike up at. The closest price was MDK. Stop by MDK. They'll take care of ya.

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
I had every intention of buying my bike from OTD (NorCal). I was torn between the 07 R6 and the 07 CBR 600...My local dealer had both so I shot down there to sit on them both.

He asked if I had been pricing them around, and I told him "yeah, OTD has the best price for sure". I wanted to be honest with the guy..

So after helping me for about 30 minutes he says, "well, if it helps, i'll sell you either bike for $100 less then whatever OTD has on their website."

It was the day me and my wife were going to get our ultra-sound to see if we were having a boy or girl. I told him if he could get the deal done in 30 minutes I'd take the R6 (they didn't have the CBR in the frost white or i'd be on the Honda forum right now!). 25 minutes later I had a blue '07 in the back of my truck...which was good, then an hour later found out I was having a boy, which was fan-fcucking-tastic.

Anywhoooooo.....any local dealer should match OTD's price. Don't let them tell you, "oh, we can't keep them in stock, bike of the year, blah-blah-blah"..it's a motorcycle, not a diamond.

Good luck.

T1

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i have heard of mdk ill have to check them out as i have two days off starting today. and t 1 thank you for the detailed reply and congrats on the boy. man r6 and a boy in one day? your chest must have looked like a farm rooster strutting around lol well the saving begins i have been approved for 5k on a yamaha card and i have about another 2k saved so looks like i gotta save up the other 2500 bucks? we shall see i wished i could have been approved for just a few grand more! dam!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts