Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My R6 eats everything.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Got a much better drive out of T11 than he did, and by the time he'd caught up it looks like we were going as fast as he cared to... hardly a scientific comparison, but I thought some here might like it. Camera bike is my 2014 R6.

·
My R6 eats everything.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Zack how long did you practiced before you could ride that well?
I've been riding motorcycles since I was a kid and doing trackdays for about 3 years now. I've also been to COTA for 10 trackdays, so I know that track pretty well.

That said, I'm nowhere near what the fast guys do at COTA. I can run about 2:37 on my R6, and the fastest local guys are doing about ten seconds better than that.

·
Pimpin'
480 Posts
I've been riding motorcycles since I was a kid and doing trackdays for about 3 years now. I've also been to COTA for 10 trackdays, so I know that track pretty well.

That said, I'm nowhere near what the fast guys do at COTA. I can run about 2:37 on my R6, and the fastest local guys are doing about ten seconds better than that.
I wish I had a track here. I only have twisties, which I regularly visit and repeat many times when I ride.

The closest track is in Costa Rica (La Guácima). I am seriously thinking about going.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
to put it in perspective... I just spent $650 to ride Laguna. A $500 COTA track day doesnt seem all that expensive now! :lmao Worked out to about $50/session.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Late apex before the straight is hard to beat, good job! On top of that, you seem to have a much more solid brake reference point.

·
Reads the rulez
2,252 Posts

Got a much better drive out of T11 than he did, and by the time he'd caught up it looks like we were going as fast as he cared to... hardly a scientific comparison, but I thought some here might like it. Camera bike is my 2014 R6.
His line going into that corner before the straight was pure garbage. Regardless, given his more than double displacement advantage, he still should have caught you. No way he was actually ripping on that thing unless it was running on only 2 cylinders. I'm guessing you were coaching the novice group?

·
My R6 eats everything.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
His line going into that corner before the straight was pure garbage. Regardless, given his more than double displacement advantage, he still should have caught you. No way he was actually ripping on that thing unless it was running on only 2 cylinders. I'm guessing you were coaching the novice group?
I was control riding in Intermediate. I agree that there's no way he was in the powerband for the first couple of gears.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts