Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , I have a 01 r6 and after starting the bike after 2 weeks of no ride, I started the bike up yesterday and immediately notice the my bike's temp jumps up to 200, and it high revs. I turn it off and on again, put the bike into neutral and it high revved, same when bike was running normal, gave it a little throttle, again it high revved, pls help guys I got no clue wth is going on. Prior to the 2week it was working fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dumb questions, throttle hanging up? Do you have coolant in radiator?
I'm gonna assume there's coolant in there because when I started up the bike it idle okay, then notice coolant leaking from it, like it forced coolant out the hose. It's clamped and soon as I give it a little gas, it just revved higher. And forced me to shut the bike a couple of time.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Back off the adjuster on the throttle cables until when you wiggle the throttle tube back and fourth there is some play before the throttle actually engages the throttle body to ensure the adjuster hasn't moved and caused your problem there.

As for overheating you say you saw it leak out, and the bike is over heating. Check the coolant, run it with the road cap off till the bike is up to temp, top off radiator and overflow and find your leak. Keep the bike hot and watch until you see a bit of steam or a leak itself. It could be quite low on coolant

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.