Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Motosylum Racing #132
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have these on the Ninja and love them. Can't find them for the 2010-up R6. They say only up to 2009. Anyone verify if they are the same?
No word back from Attack, I sent an email a few days ago.
Edit so no one has to read further- They are the same and will fit just fine. Attack verified this. I'm just a jackass.

·
nova r6
3,234 Posts
I would say so, depending on how they mount (only question I have and cant find a decent pic of an r6 with them), the swingarm is the same for all 3rd gens per the microfiche and superseded part numbers, and the same goes for the rear caliper hangar. Besides those two parts IDK what else it would mount to back there.

·
Motosylum Racing #132
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a jackass. Attack did reply, it just went to spam.
They are indeed the same up to 2014 so they will fit. I use the Pit bull rear stand for swingarms without spools. Just took the rubber piece off the part that goes under the swing arm.

·
nova r6
3,234 Posts
Pit bull does make another piece that would work a little better and safer then doing what you are going to do

http://www.pit-bull.com/product/F0064-001.html

I have the gilles chain adjusters with their lifters and these fit awesome inside and work perfectly

·
Motosylum Racing #132
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice!!
May just have to pick those up. My cheap ass way has served me well for several years but that is def less ghetto. Lol.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Nice!!
May just have to pick those up. My cheap ass way has served me well for several years but that is def less ghetto. Lol.
yea its typical pitbull quality. What pisses me off is the Gilles shit is supposed to be top notch. Waiting on them to warranty me something.
If I have to buy again... Ill get those attack units.

·
Motosylum Racing #132
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say so, depending on how they mount (only question I have and cant find a decent pic of an r6 with them), the swingarm is the same for all 3rd gens per the microfiche and superseded part numbers, and the same goes for the rear caliper hangar. Besides those two parts IDK what else it would mount to back there.
That's good info right there, just by itself. I appreciate it!

·
Motosylum Racing #132
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The spool bolt size on the R6 are sketchy. The FastFrank versions include wheel holder shelves built in to hold the wheel while the axle is out. http://shop.fastfrankracing.com/R6-GP-Rear-Stand-Lifters-wheel-Holders-R606.htm
Frank has some good stuff, no doubt. Those use the spool mount in the swingarm to though ;) To be fair, a cheap medium carbon steel bolt of that size is rated for about 50,000 psi shear/ 85,000 psi tensile. Probably stronger than the aluminum of the swingarm itself.

·
Registered
319 Posts
True, but the section of the product that extends underneath the swingarm supports the bike by more than just the single bolt on each side. Two additional screws into the swingarm, underneath, also secure the system. I'd guess this setup would be sturdy enough to not fail.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
yea its typical pitbull quality. What pisses me off is the Gilles shit is supposed to be top notch. Waiting on them to warranty me something.
If I have to buy again... Ill get those attack units.
There was a rash of gilles chain adjusters/rear lifters breaking on RC51's. This was pretty common (and on other bikes) before they changed their design. Personally, I don't like the way most of their stuff looks, but a bad design is a bad design no matter how good someone thinks it looks. It was so bad that pro-bolt started selling titanium bolts to replace the steel ones that gilles provided. Still didn't fix the aluminum parts that would bend.

Anyways. OP, if you buy a set of the attack lifters post some pictures. I also wasn't able to find any pictures of them on an R6. I have always been a fan of their stuff since I had a set of their triples on my R1. I think Attack and Sato make some of the better looking and designed billet aluminum stuff for sportbikes.

·
Motosylum Racing #132
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, went ahead and ordered them. I'll be sure to post photos of the installed product.
So far as the Gilles go, they have a new design (TCA) which is supposed to be stronger and more reliable. Hope that isn't what you have already!

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Well I picked up the used set of attack lifters from the forum here. Looking forward to mounting them up after I get back from vacation.

Pit bull does make another piece that would work a little better and safer then doing what you are going to do

http://www.pit-bull.com/product/F0064-001.html

I have the gilles chain adjusters with their lifters and these fit awesome inside and work perfectly
I was looking at these just now and I'll probably order them for my stands. One thing I find funny is that they look like they use the same diameter bolts as some swingarms use for the spools. Looks like about an M6?

·
wat?
722 Posts
I noticed pit bull sells the same thing (the lifters themselves). Any reason you went for attack over theirs?

I'm looking into it mainly for reducing chance of it snapping off a spool in a crash.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
The only reason I'd get these is that if they are any easier to use when you're balancing the bike as you fvuck around with the rear stand. How do you guys like them?

·
Motosylum Racing #132
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My bike is still held up on jackstands under the frame spars. :D
I ended up with Attack because I've had them before. No need to reinvent the wheel.

·
Turn 1 = a Trip 2the Moon
290 Posts
Im on my 4th set of attack lifters on the kaws....but looking for a set for the R6 also
if anyone find used set hit me up...ill make it rain on ya..

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
The only reason I'd get these is that if they are any easier to use when you're balancing the bike as you fvuck around with the rear stand. How do you guys like them?
I think that is the main reason. If you look up the graves endurance rear stand you can see that they have a large cone and a large diameter pin that fits into the lifter hook. The large cone just guides it right in there: http://www.gravesport.com/Graves-Motorsports-Yamaha-R6-Pit-Stop-Rear-Stand.html

Pretty much any professional endurance team will use a system like this, and those mofos need it to be easy-peasy.

It will be interesting to see how big of a cone will work on the R6, with the known issues of the axle being close to the spool location. I'm guessing there will be a LOT more clearance with the lifter hooks, but I won't know until I fit them up.

This is what I mean by a large cone:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts