Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Dan the man
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinkin about painting my stock windscreen black...anybody have any pics of theirs...wut kind of paint did u use and where did you tape off...glossy or flat finish?
thx
Dan

·
T-1 is my Hero
0 Posts
Just Pull it off and spray the inside. I just don't really see the point other than looks if that's what you want get a tinted aftermarket one so you can see through it when your tucked down:fact

·
Registered
83 Posts
i haven't done mine yet, but my bro did his on his zx6r, he used flat black on the inside( enought coats that you can't see through), then put a clear coat on it. It looks great

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
Not black but you get the idea. Sanded the inside with 600 grit to scuff up the plastic so the paint will stick. You can use any dupicolor black on the inside. Spray two to three light coats.

Attachments

·
bevel up and rubber down
75 Posts
Like the others said, paint the inside. Use FUSION spray paint. It bonds with the plastic and wont peel. I did mine and it looks SHARP!!:toocool:

·
Registered
221 Posts
i did mine for about 3dollars and it looks very nice...i get compliments on it pretty often...i took mine off....taped it off with masking tape and spray painted the inside with a cheap can of gloss black....looks flawless and really good...

·
i follow the speed limit
149 Posts
yup, did mine like the same day when i got the bike.
tape the outside of it (there are crease lines), and spray awayy/ pretty much any black paint will work (or an other color u wanna do it in)
heres a quick one of mine

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
i did mine with krylon fusion for plastic paint, just tape off the outside and put a few coats on the inside, looks alot better than the clear for sure

quick pic

·
Dan the man
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yup, did mine like the same day when i got the bike.
tape the outside of it (there are crease lines), and spray awayy/ pretty much any black paint will work (or an other color u wanna do it in)
heres a quick one of mine
that looks really sharp

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
just painted mine white, looks great, and saved $70. i had a chrome db, but the chrome paint was flaking off, and i didnt want to buy another one.

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
I painted mine gloss black with plastic enamel spray paint x2 coats. Can get a bottle of it at Lowes for like $4. Designed to stick to plastics better than regular paint.

·
BACK
384 Posts
thanks to this topic i did mine today lol!! and im soo happy with the results my 03 stock original windscreen was not so clear anymore so the black really helped out the appearance of the bike what i got was glossy black spray paint for plastic did 2 coats and put it back on after 2 hours and took her for a ride even though i was on side streets i full tucked and didnt even notice a difference(i guess im always looking over the screen anyways) $3.78 and my bike looks $70-130 better (buying a complete black windscreen) heres a shty camera phone pic

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts