Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, im a newbie and i already scratched up the whole left side of my r6 and it sucks, lol, but im looking to paint it and im wondering if anyone has some good inexpensive ideas of how to paint the bike myself so i can save money. The way i thought was to sand the fairings down and such, bondo or whatever where i need to and spray paint it with duplicolor or some shit. Is that a good idea? plz help cause i want my R6 looking badass and want to say i did it myself :), thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its titanium or whatever color u want to call it, grey if you must, lol, but i want to go a different color scheme obviously cause the stock color im not too fond of, plus i want it to be a bit personalized if you knw what i mean

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do you wanna do it cheap or look good? Its almost one or the other unless you know some people to get serious hookups. If you use bondo, make sure it's compatible with abs plastic and don't put it on too thick. For the pieces that aren't scratched, I just wet sanded to get through the clear, sprayed plasticizer, color, then clear. If you spray bomb it, chances are, it'll look like it was spray bombed. Take your time and do it the right way, it'll be worth it in the long run

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advice man, i of course want it to look good, im basically doing it cuase i dumped my bike and ****ed the whole left side, nothing too bad but enough to make it ugly . And by cheap i mean to the point where im not spending anywhere close to 600 dollars for the new fairings and shit i would need if i wanted the stock look back, lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts